Vuse Error Blink Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the little metal pins inside the cartridge! Sometimes, they are bent. If you look inside the e-cig and inside the cartridges where they connect when you click them together, you will see 3 concentric circles. The little metal pins within the cartridge must line up perfectly with the concentric circles inside the cartridge and the e-cig in order to make a metal-on-metal connection. I take a very tiny little screwdriver and make sure the metal pins within the cartridge line up exactly with their respective circle within the cartridge. It works everytime, but may take a little bit of tinkering to make the initial connection.

It worked I took a knife and moved the little metal things in the middle and got it to work

Last edited:

traxen

Oct 29, 2014
USA
Anyone buying a vuse in the first place deserves to get an error message.
Buy proper gear and support the e-cig industry and not the tobacco company vuse.

I buy pre-made vapes/e-cigs because it is easy to do. I don't yet like the idea of having to take the time and experimentation to make my own cartomizers, and the choices are too many and confusing (what to buy, and where to start). I am not using e-cigarettes for supporting Vuse, Logic, or Apollo or the e-cigarette companies; I am using e-cigarettes so that I can stay healthy and stay off real coffin nails. I have gone without Smoking for 4 months and 5 days. That is a miracle for me, because nothing else had ever worked for me before.Until I found this forum, I almost threw my Vuze battery away thinking that it was not charging properly. Both my menthol and regular flavored cartomizers stopped at the same time. I just assumed for some dumb reason that the Vuze battery stopped charging because it started blinking white at me (right after blinking red) after only a few seconds of being charged on my computer. As mentioned early in this forum, all I needed to do was try a brand new cartomizer, and it worked. I really prefer Logic e-cigs, but wish they had more flavors to play with. Apollo e-cigs helped me a lot with their many different flavors to enjoy. Apollo e-cigs not only fit Logic e-cigs, and had many flavors, they also had four (no nicotine, low, medium, and high nicotine ) different levels of nicotine, but they sometimes make mistakes on orders (wrong caromizers that fit other batteries) and their customer service really sucked; that is why I started using Logic e-cigs even though they had only low and high nicotine levels and only regular and menthol flavors. I really like the Vuze taste of both of their regular and menthol flavors, I just also wish I had a choice of other flavors to buy.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I must say it was the vuse that got me off analogs but I rec'd constant error codes and wasn't too pleased that it was made by a big tobacco company. I used it for a month and now am on the Vea - got it yesterday - and it's great and way less expensive too.

Well done!

You've done the right thing ... for sure. :)

Reactions: anjelvape77

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Actually at the gas station I work at the Vuse is the least expensive e-cig we sell. I do see them being returned quite regularly though and the cartos don't seem to last very long and that I think is where RJR is really making the money from them. The thing that I do like is that it's a starting place. And so many of us started right there with the Blu or Vuse Or Njoy etc etc...

I got to talking to the "Camel man" one day when he was at my store and he asked if I had tried the Vuse I said yes it was ok decent flavor but this is what I use, pulled out the iTastevv3 and blah blahblah yadda yadda , he then goes on to tell me that him and a bunch of other RJR people had this huge meeting in Texas to discuss their company's new e-cig(Vuse) and he said that almost every one at that meeting was using vaping gear almost identical to mine. Ironic I thought. But even they know that their own product is not a very good one and that other independent companies are making better e-cigs than RJR.
    So hang in there OP and things will get better for you. You've made an amazing choice in your life to get away from cigarettes. Just remember that so many of us have gone through similar frustrations. We're here for you. I still say that even e-cigs like the Vuse can be a great starting point. So don't let anyone or anything overly discourage you.

ROFL
    Notice the PVs sitting on the table in this Njoy interview. Also watch what the Njoy guy is using (DNA screen on the bottom).

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    ROFL
    Notice the PVs sitting on the table in this Njoy interview. Also watch what the Njoy guy is using (DNA screen on the bottom).

ROFL indeed.

It is hard to believe really. Here are Njoy pushing some quite frankly useless-entry-level equipment and there, on the table and in his hand are...

Box mods and Nautiluses.

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    I read your post and it sounded a lot like me. I started with Vuse too. Had no problem getting off analogs and I have been smoking for 30 years so that's amazing. It was easy. I was going through 2 cartridges a day and getting many more that were defective that were blinking red and white at the same time - an issue that I found out was a known issue they are having. I can't tell you how many times I called.

I wanted a simple solution too and after a bit of leg work, I found it.

I wanted to educate myself and had even gone into a few local vape stores and they just didn't want to be bothered with me (and ultimately lost some good business) and all my questions so I found this forum and also started to do my own research.

I found out that the Vuse was not compatible with any other equipment and they have an outrageously high content of nicotine. Digging further I saw how overall the analog cig companies were initially against e-cigs and now supporting them - if they are putting out their own setup. Then I remembered the roll your own cigarettes and how the big tobacco companies put them out of business and I thought that their goal is get people addicted to the crazy high levels of nic they use so that they can try to capture some of the lucrative e cig market.

I decided I wanted my own equipment and wanted to know exactly what was in the juices I was putting in my body and spent days looking on the internet. I ended up getting the Johnson Creek Vea - mainly because they are the original juice company, their juices are US made and the person I was emailing was absolutely wonderful and answered all my questions. I didn't get the cartridges because I did not want to be bothered with all that crap either. My first set was a reasonably priced canteen set which is like a mini plastic disposable tank but I vape a lot and was refilling a lot and going through a lot of these disposable canteens so in under two weeks I upgraded to the pro canteen which is a glass tank and holds more. (All I had to do was buy the tank - it fits on the set-up I have)

The glass tank is permanent and all you do is fill it up with juice and change the coils.

I can certainly identify with you about wanting an easy solution.

My setup wasn't very expensive, is pretty nice looking and is very easy - just fill the tank and change the screw in coils every one or two weeks when the vapor production dwindles and it is hundreds of times better than the vuse in my opinion. Another nice thing is that it has a pass-through battery so if I am at my computer I can charge it and vape at the same time and not worry about the battery dying because when I go out I just take it off the charger and it's all charged.

I even purchased an ego-t with a bigger battery and got an Evod glass tank for that one. It's the same kind of set-up.

Everyone is different but for me I think my setup is hundreds of times better.

And I had a few minor issues with Johnson Creek and they resolved them immediately so I am a fan of theirs.

In the morning I fill it up, carry some extra juice with me and I am good to go.The Vea comes with an extra battery so if the battery dies you just unscrew the tank and screw on the good battery. Takes seconds.

The nice thing is that if you choose to you can expand and experiment with all kinds of juices. I am kind of skeptical about some of the ingredients from unknown companies so I have stuck with Johnson Creek juices but will likely dabble with some others. Right now I mix a tobacco blend with a vanilla one and it's awesome. Very satisfying.

Having your own equipment is not as limiting as the Vuse and in the long run is much less expensive. The vuse has 42 mg of nicotine which is way higher than what I was smoking. I am using 18 mg of nicotine now and slowly tapering down.

If you do decide to try something else, I'd recommend going straight to a tank set-up so you don't have to deal with a lot of technical stuff. I am so glad I did.

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Anyone buying a vuse in the first place deserves to get an error message.
    Buy proper gear and support the e-cig industry and not the tobacco company vuse.

That's a little harsh. I think people just don't understand what all the choices are. Firsthand I can tell you I didn't. Fortunately when I first wrote on the forum everyone, including you, have been very nice BUT if I was inquiring and got the type of answer you noted above I would have been even more apprehensive than I already was. Although I have a good set-up now, I still don't know the difference between all the stuff out there so I think the veterans have to be super SUPER patient with the newbies and really explain stuff.

mattweed9

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 23, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA
    I know this is a little old, but I would just like to point out that vaporizing is supposed to be a tool used to quit smoking. And aid in the fight to get healthier and happier in our daily life's. And I don't think anyone on these forums should be telling a new comer that their gear is crap and to get this instead of that blah blah blah. I started vaping back when there wasn't many options at all.

Cig alikes and other 808 pen style setups where all there really was. And a good number of us here got started with very similar products and it helped and it worked for a lot of us for a period of time. And yes, then all these new devices came out and we got better stuff. Hell, I remember making my own tanks out of cartos, stoppers, and syringe tubes before there was even carto tanks to buy. And now a lot of people don't even know what a carto is let alone a carto tank.

Just because the market has evolved so quickly doesn't mean that there isn't still a market and user base for these kinds of products. I have RBA's and tanks and 100 watt mods and all that good stuff, but I also still use a cig alike at work and a few other places I don't feel like lugging all my other stuff around with me too. I work in an office, and there is no way in hell I can stealth vape a .5 ohm coil at 30 watts...

And lastly, I don't care if big tobacco made these or not. I smoked Camels for over 15 years and loved them. They never forced me to smoke their brand or to smoke at all. It was my choice and decision just like it is my choice to choose whatever the hell I want to use to not smoke. And these are by far the most expensive. The starter kit is 10 bucks and then it is 5 bucks for 2 refill carts. However, the Menthol does taste like ..., but the regular full flavor has a cigar like taste to it and really isn't that bad (I've had much worse juice from high-end makers). If I was out and a bout and my battery died, I would buy one of these in a heart beat.

YoshiGish

May 13, 2015
    Tonight I got alternating red/white/red/white... No clue what this means. It's not in any of the literature and it's after hours so I can't call the support line... And it's my LAST cartridge fresh out of the blister pack!!! :mad:

Does anyone have any idea what this code means? I am guessing it might be a problem in communication between the cartridge and the battery... but I'm not sure. I've tried swapping out my old cartridge and it gives the regular white white white message (out).

I suspect its a communication problem

I fixed mine by tapping it straight down flat on the end of the cartridge, only once, like this "I" on a table. Loosely, let the battery slide through your fingers about a half inch, to made a firm impact.
    I look forward to this issue again to try this out

YoshiGish

May 13, 2015
    A google search led me to a post on another forum where someone said that this happens to them occasionally, the flash red and white

I fixed mine by tapping it straight down flat on the end of the cartridge, only once, like this "I" on a table. Loosely, let the battery slide through your fingers about a half inch, to made a firm impact.
    I look forward to this issue again to try this out

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 17, 2015
    Alabama
    but I also still use a cig alike at work and a few other places I don't feel like lugging all my other stuff around with me too. I work in an office, and there is no way in hell I can stealth vape a .5 ohm coil at 30 watts...
    I thought my brother was the only one doing this...glad to know he's not alone!

Xwhat123

Aug 2, 2015
    I've been using these for a couple months now and have had about 6 bad cartridges. I bought two packs and there wAs a bad cartridge in each one! I was furious. No matter how many ways I tried to get it to connect, it wouldn't work. I tried twisting, reattaching, and switching to a freshly charged e-cig and NOTHING! I had 3 different e-cigs and tried the bad cartridges on each one and each e-cig gave the same red-white blinking. It's the cartridge, not the e-cig.

I called their customer support and told them all about it and how I had a total of 3 bad cartridges in the past two weeks. They sent me one coupon for one free cartridge pack. ONE! Even though I had 3 failed cartridges. Since then, I've had 3 more bad cartridges. It really pisses me off when it's the last cartridge and the darned thing is a dud! Most of them have failed right out of the pack. A couple of them, like this last one, worked for about 10 puffs and then for no reason starts flashing red/white even though the cartidge has not been moved. How would the pins get bent while the cartidge is attached and working fine? There is something else going on here. They have a serious quality issue. I'm going to call and complain again!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    ...is this thread alive again?

Gosh, just when I was beginning to live a normal life.

Please. Get with the programme. Even if Vuse works (for a few % of users), it's still not a great idea to continue supporting 3rd rate products at top-dollar prices sold by tobacco companies.

Steve Bailey

Aug 15, 2015
    There are two contacts in the juice tube for the vuse.....the center one can be pryed out a bit to make proper contact...just tried it and it worked....I repeat..it works... Something in the way the juice housing is made...I did this twice on two different juice cartridges that blinked red and white right out of the box....both started to work after I did this...just pry on the center contact with a needle or knife tip a bit and reassemble...worked for me...let me know what u think...I love the vuse system..better than all the rest

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread