Washington State (Urgent) Call to Action! Take Action now to Oppose HB 2211 an unjustifiable 60% tax on vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
DOA!
• E-cigarettes: Inslee-backed bills in the House and Senate to increase taxes and impose new restrictions on electronic cigarettes, or "vaping," did not receive floor votes in either chamber
BTW, where did you find this, I would like to read more ... and gloat :p

DEA7H INC

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Oregon
It's not over yet.

From the Pink Lung Brigade -

Without a deal on the budget, including education funding and a transportation package, the Governor has called a 30-day "special session" to begin on Wednesday April 29th. It will be only a handful of legislators negotiating behind close doors, focused primarily on transportation, education, capital and operating budget.

We have to be ready as a vape tax and/or policy bill can be introduced at anytime as it would be considered NTIB (necessary to implement the budget). We must stay on our toes until session ends.

Thank you for your continued vigilance & commitment to the movement.

DEA7H INC

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Oregon

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
HB 2211 - 2015-16 and HB 1645 - 2015-16 Are now back in play.
2015 1ST SPECIAL SESSION
Apr 29 By resolution, reintroduced and retained in present status.

I knew they wouldn't stop. *sigh*
I've search all kinds of dead leads ... where are you finding the information.
I would like to read up on current events with them. They are hard to keep up with, and I need to add my voice when they try starting something again.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Just click the links, It's in the history of the bill.
Thanks .. those were a couple I ran into last night.
They just won't tell you when or where, and who's going to be there.
Thought you might of found a more informative page.
I think it's behind closed doors now anyway, so all we can do is the standard calling and e-mailing.
Thanks

Reactions: DrMA

DEA7H INC

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Oregon
Thanks .. those were a couple I ran into last night.
They just won't tell you when or where, and who's going to be there.
Thought you might of found a more informative page.
I think it's behind closed doors now anyway, so all we can do is the standard calling and e-mailing.
Thanks

It is indeed behind closed doors. A "Special Session" according to Pink Lung Brigade is "only a handful of legislators negotiating behind close doors, focused primarily on transportation, education, capital and operating budget."

No public hearings or meetings, just some politicians endangering lives in secrecy with no input from their constituents. Very shameful activity. I wish you all in Washington the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread