Weight gain anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea Mills

Dec 25, 2014
Central FL
I don't consider it a health issue or anything but I've gained about 15 pounds since I quit smoking/started vaping and I don't eat more than before. My eating habits haven't changed at all (fruits, veggies, little meat, occasional Dorito pig out/small bag only, maybe a burger a week). I don't have any weird food cravings etc. that would cause me to overindulge either. Yet, the scale says 15 pounds more.

I had an ex-smoker (quit cold turkey 15 years ago) tell me to not even think about diet for at least 2 years until all the toxic crap has left my body and I'm "nomal" again. I'm only 4 months in, I can't keep putting on pounds like that!!!

Anyone else notice weight gain and does it really take 2 years for a body to be completely "normal" again?

Reactions: capthook

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don't consider it a health issue or anything but I've gained about 15 pounds since I quit smoking/started vaping and I don't eat more than before. My eating habits haven't changed at all (fruits, veggies, little meat, occasional Dorito pig out/small bag only, maybe a burger a week). I don't have any weird food cravings etc. that would cause me to overindulge either. Yet, the scale says 15 pounds more.

I had an ex-smoker (quit cold turkey 15 years ago) tell me to not even think about diet for at least 2 years until all the toxic crap has left my body and I'm "nomal" again. I'm only 4 months in, I can't keep putting on pounds like that!!!

Anyone else notice weight gain and does it really take 2 years for a body to be completely "normal" again?

I can't say I've heard of anyone gaining weight without eating more. Are you less active?

It takes the body even longer than 2 years to completely return to normal, but you will see huge changes very early on. Better breathing, smelling, tasting and sometimes energy. Good luck to you!!

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I don't consider it a health issue or anything but I've gained about 15 pounds since I quit smoking/started vaping and I don't eat more than before.
I hear you. I've gone back to analogs a couple of times in the last 6 years, and I'm about ready to again because of this damn weight gain. I don't eat anymore either. I was dual use last summer and quit analogs in October while on vacation in Hawaii. I gained 5 inches of belly fat in 2 months. It happened when I quit in '09 too.
I am also aware of the difference in my brain function with and without analogs, so I may go buy some since it's spring and I have things I need to get done. I just wish they didn't stink and stain my teeth!:grr:
There have always been a few people on here at a time with the same issues. Weight gain, brain fog...

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I have had the opposite happen. I have lost a few pounds after quitting and i attribute it to the fact that I am vaping flavors! Instead of reaching for a snack, I get the taste in my vape and it satisfies the urge to eat. FWIW
A friend of mine who tried to loose weight forever at no avail, started vapeing, she's doing great! Said the same as above, the flavor's satisfied her cravings.

Reactions: inspects
Isn't nicotine itself supposed to inhibit weight-gain? (I believe I did read that somewhere). If that is indeed the case, perhaps upping your nic levels would help. Just a thought.

And since tea also contains nicotine, maybe also drink lots of that throughout the day (strong!) to accompany your vaping. This would concomitantly help with the dry throat vapers often complain of and perhaps also inhibit appetite somewhat.

Last edited:
Reactions: inspects

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Weight gain is common when quitting the stinkies.
The nicotine and all the other chemicals elevates heart rate, ramps up metabolism etc.
Replacing just the nicotine via vaping just doesn't seem to be the same metabolism-wise as the analog chemical soup.
This is my 3rd quit... and 3rd time gaining the weight back - 15 lbs here in 5 months also, but seems to have stabilized.
Trying to exercise more, eat more salads etc, drink more water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread