Weight gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissa1928

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Beaverton, OR, USA
I've almost entirely switched. I still have a real cigarette every few days . . . something in those things has a half-life which is kicking me around then, and the WTA doesn't have whatever that is. I'm not sweating that; it's much better than 25/day and I have hope that that will fade with time.

My concern right now is the weight gain. I've gained ten pounds already. I know this happens when people quit smoking, but I didn't think it was an issue when switching from smoking to vaping.

Exercise isn't helping.

My junk food consumption has probably increased. It's possible that my portion size has increased as well. Again, I think maybe I'm craving something added to cigarettes which isn't in WTA fluid. I smoked Camel Silver and Camel Blue, if that gives anyone any clues.

Soooo . . . it's not like I don't know what to do. Eat less; exercise more. It sure can be hard to implement, though. The last time I had to make a deliberate weight loss effort was about 15 years ago, and 15 years makes a huge difference in how hard it is to lose weight.

If anyone solved this problem by some means other than careful diet and lots of exercise, please do let me know. ;)

Otherwise -- are others having this problem? If so, would you like to start a weight loss thread where we can cheer each other on and report progress?

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I have actually lost weight. I vape sweet flavors so that really does take the edge off of wanting something sweet.

I feel better and do not cough anymore. I'm more physically fit now but still have to drag myself to exercise. I have a trip coming up in about a month so I know what I have got to do....exercise. I'm sure now after quit smoking that I'll have better stamina.

Good Luck to You.

onewarmguy

Jan 13, 2014
Lake Simcoe, ON
I gained about 10 lbs in the first two months when I made the switch, once my body chemistry stabilized again (about 4 months along) I lost it all and am now back to my regular weight. I'm one of those awful people that has a really hard time gaining weight so this was a significant gain for me.
I think switching to vaping has a significant impact on your body, just think, you're no longer ingesting tar, benzene, toluene, carbon monoxide or any of the other 3000+ compounds in tobacco smoke. It's going to take a while for your metabolic rate and biology to adjust. Have patience, drink lots of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread