What are the tricks to making gourmet E-liquid?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I have been tinkering with the mixing of cheap premade Hangsen, Dekang , as well as local vape shop brand juices since my first vape experience 3 years ago. Adding 100mg Nicotine base, Vg and flavoring.
The juices I would mix were better than the premixed liquids as a stand alone.

Months ago my son bought some gourmet juice that I thought was great,,,, So was the price.

I went to the vape shop that he had bought from and purchased three bottles of ( Gourmet e-liquid .)
2-30ml glass dripper bottles of Vapergate . Flavors- Monarch & MFPB.
1-15ml glass dripper bottle of The Bakery. Flavor- Fluffernutter
I'm not cheap but $60.00 for 75ml of e-juice isa bit pricey.

All these e-liquids are a 20/80 pg/vg blend and taste and vape really nicely.

Sooo, now I purchased 60 bottles of flavorings from Capella and TPA, watched and read a lot about DIY e-juice.
Some of the juices I made are 4 star while some are 1 star ( or lower. ) BUT something is missing, like a rich, creamy flavor that I can't seem to get.
I read that when there's alcohol in the flavoring you should steep with the bottle open to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
BUT still it seems that there's ingredients that are missing.

Waiting on Acetyl Pyrazine 5 PG as I see this in some clone recipes, As well as ethyl maltol

Does anyone have suggestions to help me along, I appreciate the help.
Thanks

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I'm not sure what those flavors are, but most flavors seem "fuller" when they have some sort of creamy flavor added (even fruits - a bit of bavarian cream, or capella's vanilla custard, not enough to really taste it though, just enough to make the fruit seem "fuller")

If it's a creamy sort of flavor, I found out you need a LOT more cream than you might think! The 2 I listed are very popular, and versatile, but there's tons of other cream flavors to play with too...

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I'm not sure what those flavors are, but most flavors seem "fuller" when they have some sort of creamy flavor added (even fruits - a bit of bavarian cream, or capella's vanilla custard, not enough to really taste it though, just enough to make the fruit seem "fuller")

If it's a creamy sort of flavor, I found out you need a LOT more cream than you might think! The 2 I listed are very popular, and versatile, but there's tons of other cream flavors to play with too...

I do appreciate all the thought KattMamma.
I do have many creams as well as TFA's Smooth
I'm wondering if there is some ( magic ingredient ) that helps to achieve that WOW taste & vape.
I don't expect the gourmet e-juice companies to reveal their secrets.

Considering myself a 3 star chief (Not By Trade) , I will by Time, Patience, Trial, Error and Listening to all advice find that gourmet taste I'm looing for. Wither it be a magical ingredient or specific flavor amounts.

I'm lovin' the Bakery / Pastry Flavor e-juices, not so much the fruity (although they might be a key ingredient.)
Once again, Thank You KattMamma

Reactions: KattMamma

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
FlavourArt Fresh Cream and FA Whipped cream, definitely not a standalone but if your missing that richness you might ditch the capella and add the FA with TFA, as far as acetyl pyrazine it should be in your collection as an accent flavor @ low %.
Your going to find that you will be hard pressed to make a bland mix better by adding ethyl maltol or wizard unless your making a candy type otherwise it tends to mute the other flavors as it steeps.Your custards / creams will need a couple weeks to steep so make something different (fruity) to vape fresh.
Start with a 50/50 mix @ a low flavor % and add to taste, you can always add more but near impossible to take away if you've already added your nic.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
the right combination of the right flavors, sometimes you nail it on the first try, sometimes it's batch 9 or 10 before you're happy

That is true, I'd agree 99% of the right flavor & right amount, for a gourmet e-juice.
BUT that 1% of ( something ) that pushes it over the FIVE STAR mark. I think we have all tasted an e-juice that was " WOW That's friggin GREAT "

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
FlavourArt Fresh Cream and FA Whipped cream, definitely not a standalone but if your missing that richness you might ditch the capella and add the FA with TFA, as far as acetyl pyrazine it should be in your collection as an accent flavor @ low %.
Your going to find that you will be hard pressed to make a bland mix better by adding ethyl maltol or wizard unless your making a candy type otherwise it tends to mute the other flavors as it steeps.Your custards / creams will need a couple weeks to steep so make something different (fruity) to vape fresh.
Start with a 50/50 mix @ a low flavor % and add to taste, you can always add more but near impossible to take away if you've already added your nic.

WOW , Like you were lookin' over my shoulder.
I just put a 10ml batch together.
1ml- Orange Creamcicle (CAP)
7drops- Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
7drops- Whipped Cream (TFA)
5drops- Smooth (TFA)
5drops- Ec Blend Lemon 6mg ( Pre-made)
9ml- VG
7drops- 100mg Nicotine
1drop- Sweetener

Smells Great,, Tastes Good,,, Vapes Great

This is what I'm lookin for. I want the Tastes Good (to be) Tastes Great, and, to WOW me.

Last edited:

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY

One question sparkky1............?????
Is that really a vape in the hand of Norman Mark Reedus aka Daryl Dixon..LOL
OR
Is that you that looks just like him???

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
That's where we differ, this is my tank of choice 10 % of the time Zephyrus Sub Ohm Tank by Youde with nickel / titanium 28/36 clapton .
65 VG/35 I am what you would call a flavor junkie and my weapon of choice Velocity RDA / Aeolus RDA : Stainless Steel - Syntheticloud
I don't think I could afford not to DIY ...........Then again I love one upping other recipes, it's funny how you mix a clone and it gives you something better but I will say most are not as complex as you would think, most add way too many flavors so my advice get quality flavors then try adding two flavors 1-to-2 ratio of say vanilla-to-cream then add your main profile add to taste / shake, vape before you keep adding or try whipped creme on your finger and put a few drops on it and taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread