Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I usually use VG nicotine and PG flavors, and count them as part of the PG/VG mix. I use 100mg nicotine in VG, at 10% to get 10mg of nic in my liquid, and count that as 10% of the VG. If I use, say, 10% TFA flavor in PG, then that counts as 10% of the PG.
Acute Sinus allergies will not let me vape above 30% PG. Any more than that causes allergy irritation. so I have to keep a close eye on my percentages. I still use up to 30% PG as I find the flavor better, and strait VG just seems a little too much vapor.
So I guess I am mixing to my 'happy medium'.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I am curious what @Papa Lazarou and @Spydro use as their base. I've been doing 100% VG (literally) for quite some time with my unflavored. Back in the flavor game I feel I should venture into higher PG territory - perhaps 70/30 or 60/40 VG/PG - or experiment with DW.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I mix to the flavour and the application. Mostly, I'm a 20/80 PG/VG guy, but I find some of my recipes require more PG than others so as not to be very muted (either that or a crazy %age of flavouring, which I'd rather not do) - say, 50/50 PG/VG. I also keep a couple flavours in 60/40 for "densely social" occasions - times when I'm around a lot of other people who don't vape and I don't want to draw attention to my vaping (eg, in the office, which is liberal about the act, but wouldn't be if we vapers were too ostentatious with it).

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Spydro, do I recall correctly you make your own coffee extract? If so I am curious what your method is. I tried once based upon some readings here in the diy forum but my results were poor. It would taste good day 1, but by day 2 or 3 would taste like old stale coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread