Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
Nyx is the goddess of darkness but I am not anything like her. Bwaaahhhhaaaahhhhaaa

My friends and I have a women's group called the Black hat sisterhood. In our group we give each other names at a naming ceremony. Each broad picks a name for the person, we toss them in a circle behind us and whatever name lands in the circle is it. Voila , new name.
My closest Fl friend picked my name because a Nyxie is a sprite (according to her) and she thought woo was was just so darn cute . I just happened to toss that sucker in the circle, so now I am Nyxie Woo to a few.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Just looking around the thread, saw this and thought I would share. Mine is my Appalachian Trail Hiking pseudonym aka my AT Trail name and the year I started back packing. Crazy thing is, I have hiking friends and people I have met on the trail that only know me by my trail name!!! Some of them I have known for years, some I have met for only a few days.

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,
Mine is part of my bands name
"One week from wednesday "

Well not really a band.. I do all the instruments, and ones I don't have I use a computer for. then track them all into a multitrack recorder.
Weird thing is, I don't make the type of music that I listen to. And I find it easy to write lyrics and music. but rarely do they match up.. so I have like 800 or more half done songs. I think it's because i'm weird. :)

El Diablo Marrón

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Tacoma Wa,
Well, out of the many songs i have done, I have only about 20 or so that people have even heard.
I'm not really a perfectionist, but I just don't think they are as good as the 20 or so.
I have been invited to play at various venues and was even invited to play a huge festival in the UK.
But I don't wanna be famous, I like to be me and would not want to worry about people bothering me while i am out with family.
Over the years I got noticed by various people and had to stop putting pics on my websites and stuff.. it felt to weird to me.

Over the years I tried to work with friends.. but everyone wanted to do other types of music.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Well, out of the many songs i have done, I have only about 20 or so that people have even heard.
I'm not really a perfectionist, but I just don't think they are as good as the 20 or so.
I have been invited to play at various venues and was even invited to play a huge festival in the UK.
But I don't wanna be famous, I like to be me and would not want to worry about people bothering me while i am out with family.
Over the years I got noticed by various people and had to stop putting pics on my websites and stuff.. it felt to weird to me.

Over the years I tried to work with friends.. but everyone wanted to do other types of music.

Totally understandable and it kind of follows the tradition of a lot of PNW musicians. In that they only wanna make music because they love to do it and not because of the money and fame. It's a very respectable approach to music IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread