What is going on with 1.4 ohm Target Mini Coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad Crowell

Sep 29, 2016
I love the Target Mini however I can't figure out what is going on with my coils. After about 3 days of use the 1.4 ohm coil that would register @ around 1.3ish ohms keeps dropping. I am not even into 2 weeks use and the coil is registering at .8 ohms. This coil used to be awesome now it is lame. I also use a GTP sub ohm and a Kanger evod mega daily. Can anyone explain\help?

Thanks,
Chad

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
I love the Target Mini however I can't figure out what is going on with my coils. After about 3 days of use the 1.4 ohm coil that would register @ around 1.3ish ohms keeps dropping. I am not even into 2 weeks use and the coil is registering at .8 ohms. This coil used to be awesome now it is lame. I also use a GTP sub ohm and a Kanger evod mega daily. Can anyone explain\help?

Thanks,
Chad
Hello! I believe the issue in question to be one of a kind so far! I would not avoid considering the possibility that the issue is one of the mod's detecting capacity as a coil doesn't naturally "decrease in resistance." has the problem presented itself with other tanks or coils on the same device?

Chad Crowell

Sep 29, 2016
Chelsea, thanks for the response. I so much loved the taste that came from the 1.4 ohm coil(silver in color) that I spoke with my local vape shop about getting a Target Pro. I was informed that the Target Pro does use different coils. I purchased an aspire tank with Kanthal .9 ohm coil(gold in color). I have been switching back and forth between the 2 tanks. The Kanthal coil does not taste as good as the standard coils for the Guardian tank.
The Kanthal coil ohms has been consistently registering in the mod. I have popped in a new 1.4 ohm coil that registered at 1.28. I will monitor it over the next few days. By the way the flavor is fantastic again, not like the old 1.4 ohm coil that was registering at .8. What is the difference between the Target Pro Coils and the Target Mini Coils that make such a profound difference in taste? Initially I was having some issues with flooding\gurgling with the 1.4 ohm coils after about 3 days. I then proceeded to throw them out not knowing what the problem and fix was(shaking out the excess e juice inside the coil). This has all led to being extremely happy with the taste then disguist after 3 days. These coils aren't cheap. I appreciate your willingness to help. It is disappointing that there is not a Vaporesso representative in the states to handle my questions. I have sent an email to Vaporesso thru their website and have not heard back from them.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Chelsea, thanks for the response. I so much loved the taste that came from the 1.4 ohm coil(silver in color) that I spoke with my local vape shop about getting a Target Pro. I was informed that the Target Pro does use different coils. I purchased an aspire tank with Kanthal .9 ohm coil(gold in color). I have been switching back and forth between the 2 tanks. The Kanthal coil does not taste as good as the standard coils for the Guardian tank.
The Kanthal coil ohms has been consistently registering in the mod. I have popped in a new 1.4 ohm coil that registered at 1.28. I will monitor it over the next few days. By the way the flavor is fantastic again, not like the old 1.4 ohm coil that was registering at .8. What is the difference between the Target Pro Coils and the Target Mini Coils that make such a profound difference in taste? Initially I was having some issues with flooding\gurgling with the 1.4 ohm coils after about 3 days. I then proceeded to throw them out not knowing what the problem and fix was(shaking out the excess e juice inside the coil). This has all led to being extremely happy with the taste then disguist after 3 days. These coils aren't cheap. I appreciate your willingness to help. It is disappointing that there is not a Vaporesso representative in the states to handle my questions. I have sent an email to Vaporesso thru their website and have not heard back from them.
taste is given by some factors, including the airflow, the stagnation of the juice, and the quality of the particular coil, anyway, thanks for your concern, Vaporesso will continue to do our best to keep you satisfied, enjoy vaping!

Chad Crowell

Sep 29, 2016
Chelsea,

Thank you so much for responding. I am so sorry that I am blind and did not even realize that you are a Vaporesso representative and appreciative on how you handled the situation. I did speak with the owner of my local vape shop today and we spoke about my coil issue. The owner says that her ceramic coils on her target mini are lasting about 9 days. She is a chain vapor, me too. She did report that her ohms go up while mine are going down. I can understand the ohms going up(build up on the coil), why would mine go down? Is it because I have exhausted the coils life with my vaping style? I can't speak enough of the flavor due to the coil and I ordered a Target Pro. Is there any way to clean these coils? Thanks for your help and sorry for the ignorance\stupidity. I can't wait for my Target Pro to get in.

Chad

Chad Crowell

Sep 29, 2016
taste is given by some factors, including the airflow, the stagnation of the juice, and the quality of the particular coil, anyway, thanks for your concern, Vaporesso will continue to do our best to keep you satisfied, enjoy vaping!
Chelsea, could you contact me and help me out with my Target Mini Mod? I need help with the 1.4 ohm coils. I did purchase a target pro to see if the issue is isolated with the Target mini CCELL-GD as opposed to the CCELL used in the Target Pro.

Thanks,
Chad

RicoLaw

Oct 31, 2016
Hi all,
I just ordered my own Target Mini, and have been looking at reviews...it seems that the unit can go as high as 40 Watts, but shouldn't. One reviewer ran the battery through a scope, and the wave would show fluctuations at 40 watts, but would be nice and steady at lower wattages. Are you running it at max wattage? Just something to ponder.
The tank you have might be wasted, but if you get new ones, try dropping the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread