Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
It's hard to monitor the site 24/7, I imagine, but it would be a good idea to have hard-coded limit on how many posts a new member can make within a given time period.

I understand but, I have seen some people start arguments and start slinging words, the admins come in faster than you can change a battery and stop it.... I just dont understand it, now its another 2 new members joining in.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
There are plugins and other things to circumvent this stuff. This type of stuff should be caught automatically and not need manual intervention

Usually it is. However the spammers have been hard at work developing spam that circumvents the built in tools.

There were over 25 spam bots slinging their crap all over the forums. I've put a stop to it and done the clean up.

Usually the moderators pick up on this, but it seems like the same 2 "new members" have been non-stop.

What going on here :(:-x Im sure if I did something to break the rules Id be stopped by now :shock:

While spammers have always been a scourge for forums, it pales in comparison when members start complaining the staff doesn't have the right to sleep or otherwise have a life.

And now that the mess is cleaned up, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread