What's the best vaping device out there so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Then make the atomizer modular. The eGrip can use premade coils or an rba base.
Something like the Kanger SubTank, then? But again, not all atomizer's are equal. I was very happy with the Kanger SubTank mini, until I got the Taifun GT2, then the KF4. But now, I'm on the quest for the best flavor rta I can find. Eviva-T and Ataman are 2 of my favorites, atm. I think it would be difficult at best to design one atomizer "to rule them all".

Best Regards,
F2V

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
It may have more power, but some of us don't need a lot of power for the ideal vape. You are probably ahead of the game if your China mod still works in a year...
My V2 ProVari and my girlfriends V2 ProVari Mini have lasted 3 years and have no signs of slowing down. I bought a P3 for my girlfriend for Christmas to go with her Kayfun V4 I got her for her birthday. I was waiting for something to happen to my V2 before buying a P3 for myself as I am a guy who like to use up his equipment. My girlfriend convinced me it was ok to treat myself saying, "If you're waiting for your ProVari to die, you're going to be waiting a very long time...."

wizardofozone

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Zelienople,Pa.
So before I drop $$$$$ on a Provari, what other devices are one of the best out there?

I like the Reos Mods but I were never able to make a nice enough coil to get vape clouds like these so I sold it.

Can someone also explain to me what's the benefits of using dripper at super low resistance a with a mechanical mod versus a Provari?

I want to be able to take this out for convenience too, so I prefer to drip at home and not drop when I'm not home.

What do you guys recommend?
I don't know what the best device is but I can tell you what I discovered has got to be the least dangerous, no brain needed way to just lets the pros lead you ... Went to utube to watch God videos, then bought a God 180-s and let the pro reviews lead me to a Herackles .o6 ohm clearo, 3 IMR 18650 flat top high drains with 35 amp ability, and 6 matching back ups for charging.

Screwed Herackles on, set it on the pros advice of 50 to 70 watts,use 100 per cent VG with reasonable level of nic added, and of course with this set up one must lung inhale, no mouth to lung conversion inhaling ... pleasant huge, ( and the focused word there is HUGE) warm room filling clouds .. Although any .06 subohmer will probably do that anyway at these type of watts ....

I feel like a pro, can't forsee ever needing to try home builds, coils for Herackles are only about $13 for a 5 pack of .o2 or .06 ohm, and the God absolutely protects you from doing anything stupid if you havn't changed any of the above.

Messing with home coil builds is about the only optional thing one could want to move up to but after using this cloud busting advised setup I have no idea why one would need to explore anything more except perhaps the silly and self ego serving need of filling an entire shopping mall with cloud just to show off. Trust me on this .... In any place smaller than a Mall you will be showing off anyway with this setup !

The dollar stores sell a cheap ball point pen that has removable rubber inch and a half grip sleeves that slide right over most sub ohm clearo stems to totally negate the possible feeling of heat you might not like as you take the God up to Herackles 100 watt level at .06 ohms or the 75 watt level at 0.2 ohms. The beauty is that the God will power any sub ohm level at all .... OMG ! Vape on ! (One last thing ... if you do this setup, take whatever bottle you store your liquid in and triple or quadruple the storage size because this particular setup will empty a 3ml clearo in about 4 minutes lol ! All for about $170 dollars if the cost of a large number of backup $10-$12 a throw 18650 imr 35 amp batteries arent included ... seems you have enough money anyway since if you are considering a Provari ...

Last edited:

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
full

I own three Provari 2.5 and the new P3. The P3 has the new firmware and will fire my 0.6 ohm RDA. Most of the time I use my Kayfun Lite RTA with a 1.5 ohm coil on the Provari.

If you are looking strictly for clouds and high wattage, the Provari is not for you. It was designed for flavor, reliability, dependability, durability, and safety by a manufacturer who will support it for life. I use my mech and RDA when I want clouds.

For MY vaping style, the Provari is the best vaping device. But as you know vaping is subjective, and it all depends upon one's priorities, needs, and expectations. My priorities are flavor, then vapor. I'm primarily a standard ohm, low wattage (10 watts) vaper.

Believe it or not i used to vape 45mg's with spinners and protank's. When i moved to low power mods i dropped to 36mg's knowing i'd be getting more vapour from my mod. Eventually i bought a Provari 2.5 and continued to use that with various tanks. Then though, i bought a couple of Subtank Mini's, so i bought a couple of Vamo V7's and started using the RBA section of the Subtank Mini building 0.5 ohm coils. That's when i lowered my nicotine down to 24mg's.
Now i'm using a high powered box mods. I've got a sigelei 100 watt plus, an ipv3 and an ipv4. I use RTA's with these devices. As it is i've got a Billiow V2, a Goliath and a Zephyrus. I like building sub ohm dual coils ohm'ing in at about 0.3-0.2. I do need to get some 23 and 22awg wire for bigger clouds but that's another story. Anyway, when i started using these RTA's with higher power i knew i should lower my nicotine consumption quite considerably. Eventually i settled on 9mg's. And that's what i'm doing today, larger clouds of 9mg vapour.

Today i still enjoy the experience i get from my Provari topped off with either my authentic Kayfun V4 or my Russian 91% with a 1.8ohm coil using 29awg kanthal. I love the fact that this hardware is about as good as it gets as far as build quality and durability is concerned. I like the great flavour i get from the Kayfun and the Russian, it never fades, unlike a Protank would in about 3 or 4 hours, i did get sick of that !. Using the Provari like this is as close to smoking a cigarette as it gets. It produces little vapour, and because of this i use 24mg's of nicotine in my juice. My Provari is the device i use if want to vape when i'm out and about, which i don't, not very often anyway. When i'm at home it's never out of arms reach.
Something else which is never out of arms reach is my box mod with a dual coil build RTA on top. I like the big clouds it produces and it's got a lot of flavour too.

The way things have changed has forced me to lower my nic content. The clouds i can produce with my high power devices aren't so huge that i get the same amount of nicotine as i did or do with my Provari. If my base nicotine liquid starts at 72mg's and i cut it down to 9mg then that's a reduction of 75% from the 36mg i was vaping at, even more from 45mg's. The larger clouds allow me to use less nicotine even though the clouds are bigger.
So i've got My Provari and kayfun with 24mg's nicotine. I've got my box mod and RTA with 9mg's nicotine. I use my box mod more than i do my Provari, a lot more !.

In conclusion i'd say that for me using higher powered devices which produce more vapour encourages me to vape an e liquid with a much lower nicotine content which, at the end of the day is less than i vape with a Provari type of device. The nicotine is a quarter of the amount i used before but the clouds aren't four times bigger. And when i move to thicker wire and bigger clouds i'll reduce my nicotine by 50% to 4.5mg's. Eventually i'll be using my Provari with 24mg's for about 30 minutes a day. As it is i use it for about an hour or two.
High powered mods help me reduce my nicotine addiction. The provari does not. In this respect only i'd say, for me, Provape's Provari is pretty useless.

And one day i'll be able to kick my cliquey "Provari" addiction.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I could get behind the iPV D2 if it had an integrated atomizer like the eGrip. I am strongly opposed to having an atomizer sitting on top of a box mod though. They're obtrusive and too easily broken. My ideal mod would be an eGrip or something similar with a good Yihi chip. Whether uses premade coils or an RBA base is less important than the form factor and vapor production.

Have you checked out the XvoStick ("Mods by Chels")?

It sounds like it might be something in your preferences wheelhouse.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Everything I see so far has people saying either the SX Mini M class or a Provari. And as for the snow wolf 200, I highly doubt that's the best out there now. I've got my eye on the CloudMaker Tech Whiteout. It's a freakin modular mod. Which means you can gut it, no soldering required, and install a new chip kit. Right now they're making a DNA 200 & an SX350J version, while continuing to work on their own OS chip. So for one mod to be able to handle the top two leading competitors top chips it's pretty awesome.
They've just started taking preorders, I'm still debating between the SX & DNA versions to start out with. But to think that you don't need to spend another $200 to buy another regulated mod and instead only need to spend the cost of a chip/paneling kit to have a completely different mod is a huge plus in my eyes.
SX version:
image.jpg

Their OS chip version:
image.jpg
Size comparison next to an IPV4:
image.jpg

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Total Tootle Puffer here. Usually max out at around 14 watts and get plenty of flavor and enough vapor to satisfy me and make the room kind of hazy if I chain vape.

Have recently acquired a Subbox mini with it's accompanying Subtank mini. Been playing with Tootle Puffer builds (1.5 to 1.8 ohms) on the Subtank. Using it on my ProVaris as well since the v2.5 will go to 15 watts.

Have noticed that I must cut down my nic when using the Subtank.....even on the ProVari. Since I am a "cool taste vaper" and found that I won't require high wattage mods, the ProVari does serve me well.

THAT being said. I just HAD to try the Cool Fire IV, the VaporShark rDNA30, and the MVP 3. All higher wattage devices to give me a hotter vape. Liked their "hand feel", color and Sharkskins. It's a "girl" thing. Ha! :)

Reactions: DPLongo22

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Ahh, a not so objective............subjective device thread.

It is always going to boil down to what works for you.
REMEMBER - The device of the bottom is your lifeline to the Cloud Maker/Flavor maker. What it does, how it does it, how well it does it and how long it will keep doing it is important..... but no more so that what is on top! :D

Clouds come from well matched builds. any good combination will result in good overall flavor and vapor production.
Hand a clueless builder all the top of the line pieces and he may never get a satisfactory vape.

Okay, after almost 3 years of proving to myself and others that you don't have to own expensive devices to enjoy your Vape, I have my SX Mini M Class on the way.:thumb:
This does not change my beliefs and I love using my IPV mini2/Orchid combo. I just want to see if the SX will be a viable Long term device.

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread