Whats The Difference in E-Juice (PG/VG/DV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon62

Oct 24, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
I'm using a 70vg/30pg blend with the juices I make. Like Calico said, VG gives more vapor...much more. I did have to add a few extra drops of flavoring to be able to taste it good with this ratio. My sore throat went away too. I do want more of a throat hit, so I'm going to try a 50/50 blend. If the sore throat returns, I'll go back to the 70/30 blend or try 60/40. I love the experimenting vaping allows.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I won't put any higher than 20% VG in slim ecig cartomizers. VG is thick. Your method of vaping will somewhat determine which ratios you can expect to work well. If a juice doesn't flow fast enough to wick to the coil and keep it damp you will get burnt taste, can singe cartos, damage attys, etc.

Normal Atomizer - any PG/VG as long as it flows at least as fast as you vape it

Plain stuffing cartos - I think 20% or less VG works best to get quality reuse out of cartos

Dual coil cartos (for BIG batteries only 450mah+) - some say they can use 100% VG

Reservoir cartos and tanks - like the thickness of 20-30% VG, work with thinner but may be more prone to leaking, may work with some thinner 50/50 juices

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
PG works fine with any method though it makes little vapor. It's certainly fine for your first juice while you should for others. But nicotine in 100% PG can be irritating.

Most decent real eliquid shops offer at least a couple of choices of PG/VG ratio for all or some of their juices. The shops that don't offer choices or don't tell the ratio are not juice makers and some are just reselling Chinese juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread