Where do I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Waves

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
So I have my first rda coming in the mail in the next few days. And I am new to building coils and would like to know where to start. I have been looking at youtube vodeos but I don't what to look for. I already know what my batteries can handle. I have some 28g Kantal some OCC and a CW20 coil tool. My ejuices are half 50/50 and half 80 vg. If it helps my RDA is the Infinite Magma clone. I would prefer youtube videos asit better for me to learn by example.

Cloud Waves

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
What does KISS mean? I vape .5 ohm with the first coil design on my Atlantis v1 with the second largest AFC option . I vape whenever I run my weekly errands while walking around the mall (you could vape in malls where I live seeing as they have a B&M) and every couple of days for about an hour sitting outside, also at family bbqs. Like I said in thread I vape both 80vg and 50/50 it just depends on what flavor I want. Wouldn't matter what ratio I use for what as I haven't really used out a coil yet and I rinse out my coils to get the thicker juice off the wicks in my Aspire BVCs. I should also note all the 80vg juice I have has 4 extra flavor shot and that I got it from Mt. Baker Vapor. Not really a cloud chaser either and my RDA is the Infinite Magma clone.

Cloud Waves

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
Already ahead of you. But i'm gonna have to put building on hold for a bit cause I have no way to check the ohms and the Infinite Magma I got has 1 of the post screws in the backwards, out of the box. It's in there all the way deep too. I am waiting for a response from the vendor I got it from. Their site says that they inspect every product to make sure it is in workng condition, so I guess this one wasn't inspected properly.

sillypanda

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
new york
Already ahead of you. But i'm gonna have to put building on hold for a bit cause I have no way to check the ohms and the Infinite Magma I got has 1 of the post screws in the backwards, out of the box. It's in there all the way deep too. I am waiting for a response from the vendor I got it from. Their site says that they inspect every product to make sure it is in workng condition, so I guess this one wasn't inspected properly.

Sorry to hear that!
I got my Infinite Magma off eBay. The guy had really great reviews and it came super fast. It came with 2 really flimsy and crappy wires and 2 wicks.. Slapped it on last night just for fun since I didn't get my cottons and coils yet and ohm reader read 1.5. Threw it on my mvp 2.0 and it worked.. not well but it worked.
Hopefully the vender gets back to you quickly, CW!!

sillypanda

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
new york
I hope so too. Tgeir site said it take between 24-48 hr of business days so I won;t hear from them until monday, Friday if I'm lucky. But yeah I got that build in mine too. Real small coil and wick. How good is the flavor with that build that it comes with?

Not good at all.. but it might be because I threw in juice that wasn't so great to begin with LOL.. didn't want to waste my good stuff on a flimsy build. The eBay guy suggested not to use the build that came with it but I couldn't wait to play around with it :D

Cloud Waves

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
I got a response back from the vendor where I got the Magma already. They thanked me for bringing the matter to their attention and they apoligized. They want me take a picture of my defective post/screw for them. And that they will warranty me and make sure everything is resolved as soon as possible. Very good news. I should be building soon.

Cloud Waves

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
VapeRoyalty.com. I was upset and wrote a ragin' review. But that was before their customer service got back to me. I sent them a pic of it and they wrote me back asking question clarlifing what they saw. Asked if I could remove the screw. That's the process. But they have very good customer service I'm finding out.

Last edited:

sillypanda

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
new york
VapeRoyalty.com. I was upset and wrote a ragin' review. But that was before their customer service got back to me. I sent them a pic of it and they wrote me back asking question clarlifing what they saw. Asked if I could remove the screw. That's the process. But they have very good customer service I'm finding out.

Did you finally get your clone yet, Cloud Waves?

Cloud Waves

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2015
Texas
I did but I still need to send them back the defective deck. They sent me a prepaid packing slip, I just haven't printed it yet. I don't have a printer so I sent it to my mom but she can't open it so I need to go to her house and log into my email on her computer and print it. I've been really busy with my work schedule so I haven't had a chance to yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread