Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
I enquired about this once but I think you cannot import nicotine over a certain percentage without a license, maybe 36mg/ml. I found though that a 60kg steel drum of 98% nicotine was the smallest quantity I could order it in from one supplier and would cost $80 per kg so the total price would be $4800 for one drum.

He warned that the content of Nicotine would decline easily If the drum was opened and exposed to the air for a long time. get some of that on your skin and I think your pretty much dead.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I think your best bet would be 36mg (3.6%) flavourless mix from CentralTrade or something like that. Some insecticides contain it (e.g. Blackleaf 40 is 40% nicotine, but it's no longer licensed due to its extreme toxicity I believe) but I certainly wouldn't want to inhale that. As dc says, in high purity form I think it will be capable of killing you just by touching it.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
I also believe any individual trying to buy of a barrel of that stuff would be a person of very keen interest to law enforcement.

I mean, 3 pounds of nicotine should keep a heavy smoker very busy for over 50 years...

EDIT: What the heck, it´s your life and maybe you can explain it to the authorities and keep alive as well. The answer to your question then might be here: [removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

schu

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
reno, nv usa
in the "Johnson Creek Now Listing Ingredients on Bottle' thread they don't list nicotine as an ingredient leading me to believe their nic source is tobacco essential oil (Virginia) or Tobacco Absolute (Burley) or both. i did a google search for both and they are available to buy online. we just have to figure out the dosing. Since they are below the natural and artificial flavors the amount would be quite low. I'm not sure if the versions being sold online are the same that JC uses. more research is needed. what we need to find out is the exact amount of nicotine these substances have and work out a formula for eliquid. perhaps contacting the manufaturers or running our own lab tests. if eliquid is banned by the FDA we may have to ressort to homemade eliquid.

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
Yet another account of how dangerous this stuff can be to work with. As stated, you simply can't buy nicotine alkaloid. Besides being dangerous, I don't think it could be cost-effective to attempt to extract it either when compared to currently available prepared smoking liquids. My conclusion is that, in the full sense of the concept, there is never going to be an acceptable method to make the liquid at home in a form that is compatible with vaporizing devices. Apparently, the only real possible antidote to accidental poisoning is not readily available outside of the labs at Phillip Morris.

Strange Death From Liquid Nicotine [06/07-2]
EXCERPTS FROM:Why did a Philip Morris scientist kill herself by drinking nicotine?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Dan Zegart[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]June 6, 2000 | [/FONT] [FONT=times new roman, times, serif]It had snowed, an event rare enough in Richmond that it seemed to put a strain on everybody and everything. Diana Dollinger had been holed up in her apartment virtually all weekend, scribbling notes, worried she was getting fat. These were neurotic obsessions. She was in fact an attractive, svelte twenty-eight-year-old, an entry-level researcher well thought of by other chemists at Philip Morris. She left behind a few relatives in the Richmond area when she died very early one Monday in January 1982, but no one claimed to know why she had drunk liquid nicotine, 100 percent pure, straight out of a brown bottle she'd smuggled home from the Philip Morris Research Center. She died a death experienced by several rats at the research center, but few people anywhere in the world. The victim loses control of its limbs and collapses as the bowels and bladder discharge, and the end comes in a wrenching, gasping convulsion.

[FONT=times new roman, times, serif] Diana Dollinger would have had to go to some trouble to get the brown bottle, because nicotine wasn't used in the Physical Research Division building where she was part of a unit that analyzed how tobacco burns, an essential but unglamorous branch of the company's product research. It got William Farone, then-director of applied research at Philip Morris, who supervised Dollinger's unit and others, wondering whether there was a message in her method.
"If you've got a choice, why pick that particular chemical?" he said to another scientist. Indeed, a chemist at Philip Morris would have been among a select few in the country who could appreciate just how nasty nicotine really is. Many at the research center learned the hard way that merely leaving a bottle of the clear liquid open in a warm room brings on a wave of coughing and gagging, followed in short order by dizziness and nausea. A few drops on a small cut on the skin are fatal within minutes unless the victim gets a shot of mecamylamine, which blocks nicotine's effect and is another thing that would be found at Philip Morris and very few other places.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

markdb77

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Ohio
so how do you suppose Johnson's Creek and other manufacturers are making their eliquid?

from raw materials, or are they getting everything in bulk and portioning it out?

adding their own flavor, or is it already flavored?

can we get the 36mg PG in bulk?

where do the flavorings come from? does each manufacturer devise their own, or is ALL this stuff coming from one warehouse in china?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread