Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    You want the Evolv Kick 2.
    Most Kicks can only boost the voltage. They can not reduce the voltage.
    I run my kayfun at 11 watts with a 1.2 ohm coil which is only 3.6 volts. This means that it would be 'to hot' until the battery charge was depleted down to 3.6v with other than the kick 2. You will have to look around to find one in stock.
    Kick by Evolv | ElectronicStix.Com

SleeZy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2014
    Sweden
    You want the Evolv Kick 2.
    Most Kicks can only boost the voltage. They can not reduce the voltage.
    I run my Kayfun at 11 watts with a 1.2 ohm coil which is only 3.6 volts. This means that it would be 'to hot' until the battery charge was depleted down to 3.6v with other than the kick 2. You will have to look around to find one in stock.
    Kick by Evolv | ElectronicStix.Com

Not volt, wattage. And the one i linked above can go down to 5w which is almost nothing.
    The one i linked isnt evolv 2 though, its sigelei. Either should be fine. I watched tons of reviews before when i was new to mechs.

But i ended up not getting a kick anyway. :)

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Not volt, wattage. And the one i linked above can go down to 5w which is almost nothing.
    The one i linked isnt evolv 2 though, its sigelei. Either should be fine. I watched tons of reviews before when i was new to mechs.

But i ended up not getting a kick anyway. :)

Yes they both go down to 5 watts, but you would need a 3.5 ohm coil for the Segelei to regulate to that with a fresh battery.
    The Segelei is a "booster" only kick. (like the Evolv Kick 1)
    (matter of fact, the early runs of Segelei Kicks even had the Evolv Kick 1 logo on the ckt. board)

Last edited:

SleeZy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2014
    Sweden
    Yes they both go down to 5 watts, but you would need a 3.5 ohm coil for the Segelei to regulate to that with a fresh battery.
    The Segelei is a "booster" only kick. (like the Evolve Kick 1)

Alright, thanks for that clarification i had missed that.
    Evolv 2 it is then. :)

And since you're using the kick mostly for safety as your new to mechs, go buy an authentic kick. Not a clone / copy.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Alright, thanks for that clarification i had missed that.
    Evolv 2 it is then. :)

And since you're using the kick mostly for safety as your new to mechs, go buy an authentic kick. Not a clone / copy.

I talked to Brandon (Evolv) when the Segelei first came out (because the Evolv logo was on it) My understanding is that the Segelie is not a "clone/copy", they bought the rights to make the Kick 1.

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    There are 3 Kick modules out there to consider.

The Evolv Kick module. This is the original Kick. It's limited to 10 watts output. Minimum coil resistance is 1.0 ohms but 1.3 to 3.0 ohms is where it works best. Can be found for less than $20

The Smoktech Kick clone module. This is a cloned Kick module with one minor improvement. It looks and works just like the original Kick but it goes up to 12 watts. Can be found for less than $20

The Evolv Kick2 module. This is the latest Kick out there. It allows up to 15 watts of power and will work with coils down to 0.5 ohms. That extra power comes at a price though, expect to pay near $50 for one.

I have a Kick2 in my Nemesis. It works great. It gives me 90% of the functionality of a VV/VW mod with the option of removing it and running unregulated (and unprotected) if I want to seriously subohm. I've been very happy with it.

However, that price is now dangerously close to the DNA30 clones. You can get a DNA30 clone for $54 from Fasttech and that will give regulated power up to 30 watts and allow you to run a coil as low as 0.3 ohms.

I currently own both the Kick2 and DNA30 clone. I haven't used the Kick2 at all since the DNA30 arrived.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    I talked to Brandon (Evolv) when the Segelei first came out (because the Evolv logo was on it) My understanding is that the Segelie is not a "clone/copy", they bought the rights to make the Kick 1.

Which means it's a licensed clone. But it's still a clone. They bought the rights to make their own, they don't buy parts from Evolv.

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2013
    Israel
    Got both evolv kick1 and FT kick (which costs 8$) both works well, so does the evolv worth the extra money? Not really.

Seen some people here talking about the dna30, well there is no reason to compare both, since each serves a different function as the kick is designed specifically to fit in a 22mm mech tube.

Installation is simple, you just pop it in the tube (with the kick extension tube attached) and make sure the pin on the side touches the side of the tube and that it's not placed upside down or it scrap.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I ordered the siglei before I read the rest of this thread. Will I be able to use it. I also bought a Vape Safe fuse. Should I use this instead. Cant afford the evolv kick 2 right now

3 threads asking the same questions is hard to keep up with and causes confusion.
    There are several manufacturers of nemisis clones, some do not have the same dimensions.
    I'd imagine a kick will fit.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    I ordered the siglei before I read the rest of this thread. Will I be able to use it. I also bought a Vape Safe fuse. Should I use this instead. Cant afford the evolv kick 2 right now

the tube is designed for 18 mm diameter battery and the kick is sized for 18mm so yes it will fit diameter wise.

BigOlNoob

ECF Veteran
    Dec 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread