Which Vendor Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
I am looking for something new to try. Okay, I am ALWAYS looking for something new to try! I have many flavors already that I am quite happy with but there's always room for more. Here is a list of the ones I have tried already and what I think of them, to give you an idea of what I might like. Suggestions much appreciated!!

GLV- My absolute go to
Nicoticket - One flavor that I cannot be without, ever, for any reason. On my fifth large bottle of CLS.
Ahlusion -several that I like but ordering from them is a real pain for me because of the time of day they are open.
5 Pawns - Like very much but not enough to keep buying..too many others I like better for the price. Would like someday to try their new one whose name escapes me at the moment.
Vapor Chef - Disliked at first..a couple are kind of growing on me.
HHV - Disliked (I know..weird..just didn't care for them)
Backwoods brew - very good, especially malty toffee, but never get around to ordering more because there are others that wow me.
May revisit because I have discovered I like flavored tobaccos. Worth it from them?
AVE- BB and GJ are good, but not worth a reorder when I like El Kamino better. Maple Melody from them was hands down the worst e-liquid I have ever had in my possession.
AiV: A couple of flavors were pretty good and worthy of a reorder, but overall too mild and all have this background flavor that makes them taste the same.
Ginger's ejuice - Disliked. Several had a garlic taste to me. Again, weird, I know.
Virgin Vapor - Disliked. Chemical, or no taste. Kona coffee milkshake improved with MUCH time and I did finish it.
Vapingme - Liked when brand new to vaping. Found things I like much better.
Zeusjuice - liked several but they make me sneeze!! Not sure what they use but I am apparently allergic.
MBV - This one makes me sad because they are stand up guys with customer service and vape community education. I just can't do their juice with the exception of two. There is a chemical taste there now, since I've had other stuff. I really liked them at first, when I had never had anything but juice from our local thug..anything is better than that stuff..but now I have about 15 bottles languishing in my cupboard because I have way too many others I like much better. Have paid forward a ton of their stuff besides. Would guess I have tried around 40 flavors from them.

Okay I know this is reaching novel proportions but I'm really interested in finding someone else to try based on the above. One thing I would really like to find is a good, strong and sweet and bright fruit flavor with a TOUCH of menthol. I do not like in your face menthol, but just a little zing of it is good with fruit flavors. I'd also like a good candy cane (peppermint, not menthol and not altoids/extreme ice) or chocolate mint that isn't too heavy on the mint.

If you made it this far, thanks already! Fire away with suggestions and thanks a million in advance!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I know everyone has different preferences. Sounds like you like the darker, heavier flavors. I do too. I fell in love with one vendor almost immediately (Indigo Vapor) but I've only tried a few of their non-tobacco flavors and can't really comment at this point on those. Plus, I haven't tried any other higher end vendors that get talked about here (I plan to but can never seem to find the $$) and I feel like a broken record because I always recommend them. I've tried about 6 other vendors though and I have been happiest with Indigo. They have really great tobaccos, IMO. I even like some of the other flavors I've tried but like I said, I haven't tried many (about 4). You can get a sampler--if you're looking for an icy fruit, look at their "ice" selections. The menthol is very light, IMO.

One place I really trust for reviews is Vapor Rater. The main reason is that rather than just saying "Oh wow, that's really great juice", he actually describes the flavors, and with complex ones will tell you what's dominant, what's hidden. You might find his site helpful for finding new stuff.

Good luck -- the fun is in the hunt!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I totally agree about Mt Baker!

For the touch of Menthol, try Halo Malibu. And while you're there, you could try VooDoo, and maybe Tribeca, if you like ANY kind of Tobacco or RY4 flavors.

Other fruity/interesting flavors (I don't do much menthol):
MrELiquid: Grey Matter. I have no idea what this flavor is. But I like it. And try Bermuda Rain - another fruity/hint of menthol, I think.
NicQuid - StrawNana Smoothie!! And shop around for something else - they do "sweet" really well! And it's Pre-Steeped.

GLV - I like Red Headed .... and Deadly Sin - what else should I try (NOT Menthol!)?

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
Vaperev is a shop in CA. They have a website at Home page and have several really good juice lines that haven't flooded the market yet. The ones I have tried most recent are from Mr. Good Vape and P.O.E.T. They are worth a look at if you are looking for unique flavor combos.
Another new juice company is at Quack's Juice Factory Age Verification they only have 2 flavors so far. Both are sweet-desert types. Both are really good if you like sweet flavors.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Wow..thanks Miarose and vjc! I did not realize their hours had changed! Before, it was a challenge for me to get an order in because they were open right when I am getting ready for work and I can barely get myself out the door on time, let alone make time for ordering juice. Will definitely be putting that to good use! Looks like there are some new flavors I need to check out and I love their xpress line for sampling stuff to see how it's really supposed to taste prior to buying a bigger bottle to steep.

Pam, I should go look myself but I'll just ask you..is velvet cloud all VG only? I have not had good luck with that. To be fair though, the all VG I tried was Virgin..and..well, yeah. Won't go there.

Alisa, I have seen Indigo mentioned before and it piqued my interest..that may be one to try.

Jnn..places I haven't seen mentioned a lot are interesting to me, thanks for the suggestions!

Seems like Halo, Mountain Oak, Vermillion and Nitelite are some places I have seen other people like and I need to pull the trigger and check them out.

Holy cow you guys, that was fast and VERY helpful! Thanks thanks and THANKS!

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Oh..and Train:

There are very few from GLV that I *don't* like. Let's see..Deadly Sin is one of my all time faves, and I haven't tried red headed ..... I suggest you try El Kamino (very similar to bobas bounty, I like it better), white zenberry, and newminster pipe tobacco. I just got the newminster today so I don't know if the tobacco might come out more later, but right now it's just a super good blackberry jam flavor with no tobacco at all to me. I've already blown through a full evod of it. The two menthols I have tried from them are quite strong. If you dig black licorice, their Fairy line is amazing according to my mom..I do NOT like black licorice. Blueberry morning is quite good too. Honestly, the only one I don't care for based on weak flavor is Panty Dropper ..you really can't go wrong with these guys if a flavor sounds good based on their description.

Off to check out some sites and see if I can squeak in an Ahlusion order!

duby1622

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
United States
From your OP, it sounds like we have similar tastes, and tries many of the same vendors.

I have 3 vendors i suggest you try out. 1.) Heather's Heavenly vapes, 2.)BeeLiquid. 3.)Mad Mursock

Heather's has a nice following here on the forums, and there is good reason for it. I am enjoying Legend right now, and have already re-ordered Crackberry, and Caramel apple tobacco. Legend, and Caramel cappacino, are going to be re-ordered shortly. I plan on trying many more flavors from them. I have tried over 70 juices, and Heathers, AVE, and Beeliquid have been my only re-orders so far.

I dont know what you ordered from zeus juice, and i dont know how strong of a reaction you have to it, but if you have banana milkshake, mix it 1 part to roughly 8 parts Gorilla juice from AVE, and you have the only thing i have vaped for 2 days (like i said, i have about 70 flavors and 12 tanks, and this is literally all i have vaped for 2 days.)

I would suggest PG Hype from AVE if you ever re-order Bobas/Gorilla Juice. Tastes like those peach gummy rings, and is amazing. Get a small bottle, i dont think you will regret it. I dont have much of a sweet tooth, and i enjoy stronger flavors, but PG hype was just enjoyable. Not too sweet, not too strong, something you can vape all day (IMO).

BeeLiquid is a B&M in Taos, NM which i have to give full credit to for quiting analogs. Their MellowMax (tobacco w/ toasted marshmallow) is my favorite tobacco flavor, and they have had plenty of other flavors that impressed me. RY4.1, Tobacco #21, Minion #2, Zombee, Dr. Pepper, French Vanilla, Taos Sunrise all have my suggestions. All but the Taos Sunrise (which i liked) will be re-ordered very, very soon.

I also would suggest checking out Mad Murdock's. Their pluid has a rabid following, but it a little too strong for my taste (and i like both strong flavors and anise...). M4 (Mellow Melange) is great by itself, and even better with 4-5 drops of pluid per tank. 710 is good, but probably wont reorder. Maha Ras is the most confusing flavor i have ever had. I cant tell if i love it or hate it...there is no inbetween, and yet i have no idea which one it is...It is still a vendor i would suggest checking out at the very least.

Good luck on your flavor quest!

Last edited:

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
I am reordering from Northland vapor right now, 50% off, the tobacco flavors are great I think, I like the forest one best-it is actually something i can vape all day-it is a bit lighter and kind of herbal mixed with tobacco-like fresh green tasting with a cool exhale only not menthol, and the fireside is good if you like something a bit more heavy tasting or cigar like but also has a cool exhale, act soon if you are ordering though-they are going out of business so i ordered extra
Welcome to Northland Vapor

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Thanks Duby~ HHV is actually on my list and I did not care for the 5 or 6 flavors I tried from them. I know they have a big following..so does Alice in Vapeland..but both are just not my thing. I may check out Mad Murdoc's ..I don't like licorice and I believe that's what Pluid is? Sounds like they have other good stuff though. And Zeus is an immediate, intense sneezing fit. So much so that my son mixed something of theirs with another juice he had and I tried it and even without knowing it was in there I was sneezing!

Ugh..Firephly..if they are going out of business I'm just going to leave that one alone. I'll end up liking it and then be bummed I can't get it anymore!

Thanks Jefsview..Maddcatt is on my list too..love the pics of their B&M.

Managed to get an Ahlusion order in tonight. Thanks again for the heads up!

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
Thanks Duby~ HHV is actually on my list and I did not care for the 5 or 6 flavors I tried from them. I know they have a big following..so does Alice in Vapeland..but both are just not my thing. I may check out Mad Murdoc's ..I don't like licorice and I believe that's what Pluid is? Sounds like they have other good stuff though. And Zeus is an immediate, intense sneezing fit. So much so that my son mixed something of theirs with another juice he had and I tried it and even without knowing it was in there I was sneezing!

Ugh..Firephly..if they are going out of business I'm just going to leave that one alone. I'll end up liking it and then be bummed I can't get it anymore!

Thanks Jefsview..Maddcatt is on my list too..love the pics of their B&M.

Managed to get an Ahlusion order in tonight. Thanks again for the heads up!

Ok, both HHV and AiV are not for me either so maybe we have similar tastes. In that case, I recommend DarkestDayVapors.

You don't hear of them much on this board but they are my go-to vendor. Another poster (OlDogNewTricks) tried some of their juices and started a thread here...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/481517-darkest-day-vapor.html

It's a short thread - check it out - but he liked them as much as I do.

Pam1384

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA, USA
Yes, Velvet Cloud Vapor is all VG. I don't even know why I tried them because I had read time after time that VG tends to mute flavors and that's one of the biggest problems I have with juices, muted flavors. Whatever compelled me to try it anyway is a mystery but I am so glad that I did.

If I had tried Virgin Vapor first I probably would have never, ever ordered all VG again thinking it was the VG I disliked so much.

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Ahlusion has expanded their hours. It's much easier to order now. They are hands down my favorite vendor! Their fruit creams and Wild Wood tobaccos make me very happy along with a dozen or so other Ahlusion liquids.

+1 Velvet Cloud Vapor. Nightshift and Vanilla Custard are must haves for me. Their Beard tobaccos are excellent, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread