Status
Not open for further replies.

Lois2013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow, we have very similar tastes!!! I thought the same exact thing about AiV, but I've never seen anyone mention that so I thought I was crazy!!

I've only been vaping for a couple months, so I haven't tried nearly as much as you, but being that we share the exact same opinions on the ones I HAVE tried, I thought I'd throw my suggestion into the hat for a bright fruity flavor.

Tigers Blood by Totally Wicked. Oh. My. God. Seriously, I cannot stop vaping it. I keep going back to it. I bought it as a fluke because it was the only brand my local B & M carried and I needed to just pick up a small bottle of something because my PV came in the mail before my juice order, when I first started. At first I didn't even like it...it tasted too alcoholey and was harsh. But later, I found myself craving the underlying flavor of it, so I mixed a tank w/ just about 1/4 Tigers Blood with just a neutral vanilla, or maybe it was Malty by BWB. WOW. Wow. Ever since, that is always in my daily rotation...a tank of part TB with something neutral. I don't even really need to mix it anymore because I steeped it, cap off, and it mellowed out and the alcohol taste went away. The only reason I cut it with something neutral is because it's a little on the expensive side and I want it to last!!!! I can't even describe the flavor, it's like a perfect blend of fruit that you can't identify a single one. They describe it as an energy drink, but don't let that dissuade you.

Maybe it's just my taste buds, but I can't get enough of this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Okay, I have a bunch tucked away for my list of "to try" and here is what I went with for this round's budget:

Ahlusion: Boba tea coconut, pumpkin spice latte, and xpress caramel pear tea (which I already like, happy to see it back up on xpress!) and express apple wildwood.

Highbrow: Grandpa's pomegranate and buttered rum. I am excited to try them because they make some of their own extracts.

Nicoticket was due for another big bottle of CLS..cut it a little too close for comfort last time!

And then I got on Giantvapes after reading about places with pre-steeped and ordered El Toro Eden, Darkest Day Shai Hulud, and Flavorz by Joe's Brown sugar peaches and pears. Knocked out a try from three different places that way.

If you haven't heard of those guys, what they do is buy in bulk from many popular vendors, then sell it for that vendor's normal price but you only have to pay shipping once. The really good thing about it is just by virtue of having to go through a middle man, it's had a week or two to steep already.

OH..and I bought a vamo V5 :) I am getting a custom skin of my WoW character once I get my transmog finished.

Going to be a couple of weeks till I get to try anything else. Oh wait. GLV has new flavors coming out 11/3. So maybe just a teensy bit more next week.

I keep thinking of one more thing. To those fellow not so thrilled with AiV folks on this thread: If you have any of it hanging around and happen to have some CLS from nicoticket..I've discovered it does wonderful things for it if you mix it about half and half. April Moon + CLS is fab!
Thanks again for all the help guys!

bryaninaustin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Austin, TX
Okay, I have a bunch tucked away for my list of "to try" and here is what I went with for this round's budget:

Ahlusion: Boba tea coconut, pumpkin spice latte, and xpress caramel pear tea (which I already like, happy to see it back up on xpress!) and express apple wildwood.

You can't really go wrong with any of the Wild Woods or Boba Tea from A+. Happy vaping!

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I'm trying to find my next vendor to try as well. Lots of good suggestions on this thread.. I am actually deciding between The Plume Room, Fuzion Vapors, Moon Mountain, and Goodejuice.. Darkest Day Vapor looks interesting as well. Can't decide at all!! Need help.. I was this close to placing an order from Moon Mountain but then changed my mind and almost ordered from The Plume Room... now I'm still undecided! I've tried HHV, Ahlusion, AIV, MBV and most of the popular-ish vendors and they weren't really for me. I need something with fairly reasonable prices (no more than $7 for a 10ml) and with either flavor shot option or STRONG flavors!! Everything I have seems so subtle to me and I'm getting broke from always trying to find new juice to try. I liked Vaporchef but I want to try something else too.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Kyi..do you like licorice/absinthe? Good life vapor has some pretty in your face juice in that department..try any of their fairy line. Nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand is very flavorful as well, as are his fruit vapes Betelguise and Gravity. I have not tried Mad Murdock's but have heard their juice is pretty strong too. I would avoid Backwoods Brew..not that their juice isn't good, it's just more subtle. Alice in Vapeland is subtle as well in my opinion.

At risk of sounding like more of a fangirl than I already do..I have only had one juice from Goodlife that I would consider weak on flavor, and they are quite reasonably priced. You can get a sample pack of 4 10 mL bottles for 20 bucks..and the coupon code VAPETV is always active.

I have one Darkest Day flavor coming from Giantvapors so it should have a little head start on steeping..the flavor description sounds pretty yum!

The Plume Room is one of the next vendors I am going to try..next payday since I have so blown my vape budget this week!

Hope you find something tasty!

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
My absolute #1 favorite all day vape for the last few weeks has been and will likely remain for a long time two juices which I rotate between: Cran Ch'i & Dragon Ch'i from Halcyon.

First off let me say the Ch'i is short for lychee as in lychee berry and not the tea. The cran is phenomenal and despite not personally picking up much in the line of cranberry flavor, they could name it rat terd and I'd still try to stock up on the stuff as much as possible. The dragon one has dragon fruit and pomegranate. I love them both equally but if I had to pick a fave it would be the cran ch'i. The flavor isn't excessively strong (like a pluid or unicorn blood) but it is hands down incredible. Anyone I've recommended it to has agreed.

Anyway, enough of my rant. & no I am not affiliated with any vendor, just blown hundred$ on juices I haven't liked over the years and could fill a trash bag with juice I've hardly touched & passing on my perception of a juice I can easily call my flavorite.
-ciao

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Also, I should say, I was a fan of pluid and unicorn blood but I find they're such excessively strong flavors that it has been my experience, more so with pluid, that it almost requires a dedicated atty because anything you try to vape afterwards wont taste as it should. Unicorn blood wont linger as terribly as pluid but I sort of OD myself on the punch after a while because the flavor is so intense.

I've definitely learned that, if using a genesis style, my wick after pluid has to be pulled altogether in order to taste anything else. Like I said above, though not as intense/strong a flavor as those the dragon & cran ch'i are exceptional flavors, they're light, refreshing, not overly anything. Just perfect and pleasant. They are made at 70%VG and 30%PG which is the opposite ratio I have grown accustomed.

Again, just my 2 cents. I've been finding that overly strong flavors almost gross me out after a while due to the overbearing intensity.

cloud.nine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Okay I know this is reaching novel proportions but I'm really interested in finding someone else to try based on the above. One thing I would really like to find is a good, strong and sweet and bright fruit flavor with a TOUCH of menthol. I do not like in your face menthol, but just a little zing of it is good with fruit flavors. I'd also like a good candy cane (peppermint, not menthol and not altoids/extreme ice) or chocolate mint that isn't too heavy on the mint.
You like GLV, so have you tried Atom Bomb with a little menthol? One of my faves!!!

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Those sound really interesting nj..will check them out. I'm not sure what lychee tastes like though? Is it similar to any other more familiar fruit?

If you like subtle flavors and haven't tried Alice in Vapeland yet you may really dig them. They aren't a vendor I would order from regularly, but I quite enjoyed a couple of them, especially the teas Foursquare and ..oh heck I can't remember the name but it was basically a plain black tea with cream and sugar. I had the sample pack and noticed as I mentioned in my first post that they all have kind of a similar flavor though. Backwoods brew is another that isn't overpowering but still quite nice. Malty Toffee is also a 70 vg/30 pg, and Conundrum is a very good juice.

Will give Halcyon a look!

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA

Highbrow: Grandpa's pomegranate and buttered rum. I am excited to try them because they make some of their own extracts.

I hope you have better luck with this pomegranate flavor than I did. I made the mistake of ordering 30ml of this stuff, based on reviews and the fact that they do indeed make their own extract, but this tasted like mud to me. No fruit, no sweet, no tart....just brown mud. If this isn't the single worst flavor I have tried, it is definitely in my bottom 10 (of around 300 flavors). Just awful.

If you want a killer pomegranate, go with Vermillion River.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Oh no! Well that sucks. Maybe it will be totally different for me. Fingers crossed..it should be here Saturday or Monday. If I hate it I'll try the Vermillion. At least I ordered the smallest bottle. The one and only time I ordered a big bottle of something without tasting it first I got super lucky..it was CLS :D Based on opinions from people on here that I knew liked some of the same stuff I did though, I had a pretty good feeling I wasn't going to go wrong, and was going to be sorry if I didn't go big. Haven't come across anything since I'm willing to take the risk on. My worst juice ever was Maple Melody from AVE. Color and consistency of motor oil, taste of melted plastic. And yes, it was the correct website.

No, I haven't tried Atom Bomb yet..will get it on the list!

Sweetab

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Portland, OR
Hey all,
I do tons of research everyday on e-liquid vendors. I'm trying to find the best e-liquids available! Doing today's research, I found out about a neat new sample company named Zamplebox. It is by invite only! They have Potion vapes, mt baker,roar,rocketfuel,alpha, and many others...too many to list. They seem to have great vendors for sampling. I'm still waiting for an invite. Let's hope we all get an invite. I really like the concept of sampling from different premium vendors. Here is the link - ZampleBox - A Delicious Assortment of E-Juices Delivered Monthly

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Spaceballs~ My Highbrow came in today. The pom doesn't taste like mud but it and the buttered rum are both light and not well blended at this point, poured them back and will revisit in a week or two. FINE..you win..LOL..I'll try Vermillion.

And..my Vamo V5 came in. I know there will be gnashing of teeth and beating of breasts but ..I borrowed my mom's provari for a day to decide if I wanted to spring for one. It doesn't vape any differently than this solid little piece and the menu is one heck of a lot easier to deal with. I know, I know, warranty etc. I am very pleased! Highly recommend to any new kids like me looking for a good start up APV. This for sure feels more "tight" to me than the V3 I had from fasttech too. Might totally be my imagination..but this has the logo on it and I feel like it's just a better quality APV than the fasttech V3 I've been using. I think that one wasn't firing properly. I actually like my protank now.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
OH..and forgot to mention yesterday's vapemail:

I ordered from Giantvapes and ironically got them first though they were the last vendor I ordered from.

Darkest Day's Shai Haluud: I can't decide if I like this or not. It's got to be one of the most unique flavors I've had. It's blackberry, caramel and hazelnut and tobacco. I can taste all parts, but it's lighter than I would like. I am assuming at least a 1 week steep on this based on the fact I ordered from a third party and it has a nice amber color to the liquid. Most likely longer than that I bet. It's a 30 mL bottle so I will keep puffing and deciding.

Flavorz by Joe, Brown sugar peaches and pears: This is tasty. Enough flavor, mostly pear, background of brown sugar, not picking up any peach. I let my son try it and had to chase him down and steal it back. HE thinks it's fab :D I think it's decent but not sure of a reorder. A nice clear/clean juice and vapes easily in an evod.

El Toro Apple tobacco that I can't remember the name of: Ew. Halitosis with an apple tinge. This seriously makes me think of bad breath. Just..ew. It comes in a bottle with no dripper of any kind and was a serious pain in the .... to pour in an evod. And..ew. This is a rival for the whole AVE maple melody disaster. Put away to talk myself into trying again in..maybe two or three months. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread