Which Vendor Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT88

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
island fortress
Darkest Day's Shai Haluud: I can't decide if I like this or not. It's got to be one of the most unique flavors I've had. It's blackberry, caramel and hazelnut and tobacco. I can taste all parts, but it's lighter than I would like.

called Shai hulud but no cinnamon?? we of the deep desert burn with rage at the sacrilege. we shall take its water

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I know everyone has different preferences. Sounds like you like the darker, heavier flavors. I do too. I fell in love with one vendor almost immediately (Indigo Vapor) but I've only tried a few of their non-tobacco flavors and can't really comment at this point on those. Plus, I haven't tried any other higher end vendors that get talked about here (I plan to but can never seem to find the $$) and I feel like a broken record because I always recommend them. I've tried about 6 other vendors though and I have been happiest with Indigo. They have really great tobaccos, IMO. I even like some of the other flavors I've tried but like I said, I haven't tried many (about 4). You can get a sampler--if you're looking for an icy fruit, look at their "ice" selections. The menthol is very light, IMO.

One place I really trust for reviews is Vapor Rater. The main reason is that rather than just saying "Oh wow, that's really great juice", he actually describes the flavors, and with complex ones will tell you what's dominant, what's hidden. You might find his site helpful for finding new stuff.

Good luck -- the fun is in the hunt!

Thanks for that link, good stuff.

I think Indigo is the way to go...next. Their two RY4s are right up near the top on the Big List, and Oorah and the Duke interest me. Somewhat pricey but I've only read good things about them. What flavors outside of the tobaccos have you tried? Of the tobaccos, which are your favorites? I'm definitely getting the two RY4s, but want to pick up about three more.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
If you get the Duke, you can mix the Indigo RY with that and get Eastwood. Flavors I've tried:

Kick Back
5 Bucks
RY
Dawn to Dusk
Uncle Cutty
Oorah!
The Turk
Mint Choco Fusion
Birthday Cake
Kaleida Ice
Sunset

And a sample size of something they aren't advertising yet - Kringle Cocoa.

In my regular rotation as of today are Dawn to Dusk and RY (with Big Willie's and some Virgin Vapor), but I plan on getting The Duke. I didn't much care for Oorah the first go around but I want to try it again to see if my taste has changed. Loved The Turk, and I would also like to try Eureka.

The thing I love about them is that they are good to go out of the box and get better, even months later--with no loss of flavor. Phenomenal vapor too.

Last edited:

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
OH..and forgot to mention yesterday's vapemail:
<snip>
Darkest Day's Shai Haluud: I can't decide if I like this or not. It's got to be one of the most unique flavors I've had. It's blackberry, caramel and hazelnut and tobacco. I can taste all parts, but it's lighter than I would like. I am assuming at least a 1 week steep on this based on the fact I ordered from a third party and it has a nice amber color to the liquid. Most likely longer than that I bet. It's a 30 mL bottle so I will keep puffing and deciding.
<snip>

Wondering if you'd had the chance to re-try the 'Shai Hulud'?

This is my number one juice (for the past several months anyway :) ). After steeping, it will end up a medium-to-dark orange. I'm curious to find out what you think of it.

On a side note, a couple of DarkestDayVaper juices have had the most extreme change during steeping that I've experienced. In my first order of four juices, I didn't particularly like two of them (would have given them at most a 3/5). After a week they had improved a bit but still not *good* (IMHO). After an additional two weeks, I decided to give them one final chance. A total metamorphosis! I'm vaping one of them now - 'Zombie Elixer' (a 'creamy bubbly fruit punch').

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread