Why do they make that damn hole so small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
View attachment 263424

250ml bottles have a more user friendly tip

That right there is what made MBV my main juice supplier! An 8oz bottle of great juice for around $40 and it's got a cap that's actually easy to use. Unless their juice quality goes completely south or their prices go through the roof I don't think I'll ever go anywhere else. :)

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
Not sure if this happened to any of you and was very surprised when it happened to me as I assumed those ejuice bottles were one solid piece. Since they are so damn hard to squeeze out I have been using:

View attachment 263409

I find them much easier to fill up tank/clearomizer/cartomizer/etc.

At any rate I was filling one of those up and squeezing very hard on ejuice bottle for 4-5 minutes while reclining on chair. Next thing I know the ejuice bottle busts open and I have about 30ml of ejuice on my shirt and hands. Apparently the ejuice bottles are actually two pieces the bottle and a snap on cap with a the dispenser nozzle.

Just to make my self clear I was filling the bottle with image above from store botten ejuice bottle. I may have been being too impatient or squeezing to hard. But really, why do they have to make those holes so small that you have to squeeze with 10 pounds of force to get anything out of them.

I'm lucky it was a night time juice that was only 4 mg/ml. I normally do 24 mg/ml but decided to try lower dosage at night. I washed up right away and have learned my lesson that when filling take your time and don't squeeze so damn hard that the top busts off. But still wonder why the holes or so damn small that it takes me 5 mins of squeezing really hard to fill up a 10 ml container.

I would laugh at your story but I know better. This is totally something that could happen to me.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I think you missed the point. I was not referring to the needle tip bottle. I was referring to the store bought ejuice that I was filling the needle tip bottle with. The needle tip bottle was 10 ml. I was filling it from a 30 ml store bought ejuice. It was the top of the 30 ml store bought ejuice that busted off. I use the needle tip bottles as they are much easier for me to fill up my devices...a light controlled squeeze and it comes out in a controlled manner. Some of the store bought 30 ml containers I have to squeeze like hell to get anything to come out.

One time I got a bunch of bottles in a starter kit and they were as you described, hard to get anything out of them. I wound up taking a twist tie and stripping off the plastic to expose the metal wire. Ran that through the hole in the dropper tip and then they worked like a charm.

I'm like you I prefer the needle tip bottles over the dropper tip bottles. I use T3s's, EVODS, and a ProTank and having the needle tip makes it much easier filling those tanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Not sure if this happened to any of you and was very surprised when it happened to me as I assumed those ejuice bottles were one solid piece. Since they are so damn hard to squeeze out I have been using:

View attachment 263409

I find them much easier to fill up tank/clearomizer/cartomizer/etc.

At any rate I was filling one of those up and squeezing very hard on ejuice bottle for 4-5 minutes while reclining on chair. Next thing I know the ejuice bottle busts open and I have about 30ml of ejuice on my shirt and hands. Apparently the ejuice bottles are actually two pieces the bottle and a snap on cap with a the dispenser nozzle.

Just to make my self clear I was filling the bottle with image above from store botten ejuice bottle. I may have been being too impatient or squeezing to hard. But really, why do they have to make those holes so small that you have to squeeze with 10 pounds of force to get anything out of them.

I'm lucky it was a night time juice that was only 4 mg/ml. I normally do 24 mg/ml but decided to try lower dosage at night. I washed up right away and have learned my lesson that when filling take your time and don't squeeze so damn hard that the top busts off. But still wonder why the holes or so damn small that it takes me 5 mins of squeezing really hard to fill up a 10 ml container.

That sucks. I got my first needle tip bottle today and I think I'll get more. Why the juice sellers use the bottles they use is beyond me. Even if they don't burst open like yours did, they are guaranteed to make a mess by spilling into the tube in the atty or overflowing, or whatever.

The good news is that in a few years you are going to look back at your accident and laugh your ... off!!

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I spent about a month refilling my bottles with a syringe before I realized I could actually remove the drip tip....:facepalm:

Yes, I still feel stupid...but I'm an old guy and this is not my first experience with dumb....and probably not my last.

Glad to know I have company in my own stupidity ;)

I swear after sitting there for 5 mins squeezing like mad to get 10 ml out I figured there had to be a better way.

I think my eye drop bottles have bigger tips.

Ranic85

Moved On
Sep 12, 2013
Earth
I ordered one of these for that very reason!

ucan_liquid_container_500x500__26723.1374604964.1280.1280.jpg

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I either bore out the tip that the bottle came with or decant it into another container with something that flows better. I keep empty juice bottles for just that purpose. Sorry to hear about the loss of the juice, sucks, big time.

I wasn't so much worried about the juice as I was overdosing through skin exposure. My stomach and hand stinged a little bit afterwards. I'm just glad I learned my lesson with a 4 mg/ml as opposed to my normal 24 mg/ml.

I washed it off pretty quickly but not sure how fast it absorbs either.

Giant Squid

Aug 24, 2013
UK
I have some Totally Wicked Titanium Ice nicotine. It comes in a glass bottle with a very slow dripping dropper tip. You can change it for a different tip but I don't want to risk spilling a lot of 72mg/ml liquid. I'm perfectly happy to spend a few minutes waiting for it drip out when I mix up a new batch of liquid. Even with weaker liquids I think it's a worthwhile safety tradeoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread