Why recommend an on-line vaping vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Like the question asks, why would you as a vaper recommend an on-line vaping vendor?

Do you do so because they offer great service?

Do they have great products?

Does the vendor have great prices?

Is the vendor's staff at least knowledgeable about vaping?

Why do you suggest them to other vapers, seasoned or newbies?

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have to say price.............go to the B & M and check out what you want......then order it online.........that's what I used to do.......but I also quickly discovered that I knew more than the people in the store.....so I haven't been back in over a year........

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I still support a local shop when I can. Not a B&M, though. I look at those more like a vape club. The shop I use is not a chain. It's a guy passionate about vaping trying to eke out a living. He's a great guy. I buy his juice mostly. I've bought one or two small mods and some atties from him, too.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
We try to be the online version of a brick and mortar shop. We get to know our customers, what they like, what they don't like, what they want to see, what they hate seeing. Like some of you mentioned, variety and convenience are a couple of the benefits.

We had a B and M shop in Chicago that had to close due to the city's abusive taxes @#%!. Our online presence lets us give these customers a way to buy without being subjected to those taxes.

We've still got a local shop, but our online shop lets us connect with people around the world and respond in a speedy manner to any questions that come up.

Our owner actually built V4L on ECF. He started as a heavy smoker who just tried e-cigs and then began asking questions about how to find the best e-cigs. Then he started making his own. So our online presence actually began almost as a B and M, with him selling ecigs out of his house until he couldn't keep up with demand. That's what inspires us as an online vendor, and that's what I love being part of. :wub::wub::wub::hubba::hubba::hubba:

Reactions: Foggy Road

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Like the question asks, why would you as a vaper recommend an on-line vaping vendor?

Do you do so because they offer great service?

Do they have great products?

Does the vendor have great prices?

Is the vendor's staff at least knowledgeable about vaping?

Why do you suggest them to other vapers, seasoned or newbies?
I suggest *us* as an online vendor for all of the above, and especially for new vapers. Steve and I will actually call new people if they've got questions. We try to make it as human as possible, even if these people are thousands o' miles away.

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
Prices are ridiculously overpriced at b&m stores. Then the idiot kids at the stores keep trying to sell you something they think is cool and can never admit when they don't know an answer. I actually had someone tell me no one ever made a basic adapter that I already owned and tried to justify charging me $30 more than online stores. Needless to say, I never went back.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Prices are ridiculously overpriced at b&m stores. Then the idiot kids at the stores keep trying to sell you something they think is cool and can never admit when they don't know an answer. I actually had someone tell me no one ever made a basic adapter that I already owned and tried to justify charging me $30 more than online stores. Needless to say, I never went back.

I've posted here at ECF about experiences I've had w/ local B&Ms. Agree the ones I have visited have been way over priced. Even back in VA where I grew up, a B&M was over priced. I think a lot of B&Ms exist to draw in new vapers and to rake a bit of profit. They seem keen to become The Next Big Thang and forget what they really ought to be, a nice friendly, affordable and professional local shop for everyone.

Don't misunderstand my negativity toward over pricing. I understand people have to eat, live too. What I have trouble understanding is when those making a living forget everyone else is attempting the same and we're all in the pinch, become highway robbers. One example real quick off the top of my noggin, a shop here charges something like $30 for a simple 900mAh eGo type battery. Two minutes on the web I can find the exact same battery shipping and all in for under $15 or less. This even cuts the cost of having to get someone drive me to the shop. Sure the delivery costs.

I would love to buy vape stuff locally. I am making a lot of tentative life choices and changes in the next while. Going local is one big aspect of those changes. Beans will be another aspect. No one will bother me during the big old Pocy Lips. I will grow beans for them to feed them, if they remain nice to me. They start messing with me, I can withhold food, withhold knowledge, skills. Of course, I'm kind of doubting we'll be near enough to civilization be overran by people. Me and wife are a tad anti-social, love people but are not people, persons.

With local shops being rip off shops, I won't buy vape stuff locally. That not only twinges me with sadness, it can effect others locally. It is less of my consumer money for our locality. Less jobs for our local area. The shops being rip off shops, is beyond the scope of my control, all I can do is choose the more feasible money wise for our situation. In that in some way i do control the local shops a bit. I don't shop there ergo they employ fewer, have less gear on stock and so on. :censored: catch 22s of life, :censored: if you do, :censored: if you don't.

We really need to kick this :censored: dead horse called money out of everyone's way.

NB: Apologies for some harsh speaking. At times though truth and life are both harsh. We cannot compare and say "no fair", it might in fact be fair to someone in a starving area that I stubbed my toe while fixing waffles for breakfast. None of us truly can know. None of us ever get a guarantee of having it all, of not having adversities. So, sometimes truth lies in harsh speaking. If my words, opinions offend you, please ignore me and don't read the words. I have a right to speak just as you've a right to not listen. Yes, I know it goes both ways, too. :) Thanks for reading this, and by the way, welcome to life. :)

Last edited:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I've posted here at ECF about experiences I've had w/ local B&Ms. Agree the ones I have visited have been way over priced. Even back in VA where I grew up, a B&M was over priced. I think a lot of B&Ms exist to draw in new vapers and to rake a bit of profit. They seem keen to become The Next Big Thang and forget what they really ought to be, a nice friendly, affordable and professional local shop for everyone.

Don't misunderstand my negativity toward over pricing. I understand people have to eat, live too. What I have trouble understanding is when those making a living forget everyone else is attempting the same and we're all in the pinch, become highway robbers. One example real quick off the top of my noggin, a shop here charges something like $30 for a simple 900mAh eGo type battery. Two minutes on the web I can find the exact same battery shipping and all in for under $15 or less. This even cuts the cost of having to get someone drive me to the shop. Sure the delivery costs.

I would love to buy vape stuff locally. I am making a lot of tentative life choices and changes in the next while. Going local is one big aspect of those changes. Beans will be another aspect. No one will bother me during the big old Pocy Lips. I will grow beans for them to feed them, if they remain nice to me. They start messing with me, I can withhold food, withhold knowledge, skills. Of course, I'm kind of doubting we'll be near enough to civilization be overran by people. Me and wife are a tad anti-social, love people but are not people, persons.

With local shops being rip off shops, I won't buy vape stuff locally. That not only twinges me with sadness, it can effect others locally. It is less of my consumer money for our locality. Less jobs for our local area. The shops being rip off shops, is beyond the scope of my control, all I can do is choose the more feasible money wise for our situation. In that in some way i do control the local shops a bit. I don't shop there ergo they employ fewer, have less gear on stock and so on. :censored: catch 22s of life, :censored: if you do, :censored: if you don't.

We really need to kick this :censored: dead horse called money out of everyone's way.

NB: Apologies for some harsh speaking. At times though truth and life are both harsh. We cannot compare and say "no fair", it might in fact be fair to someone in a starving area that I stubbed my toe while fixing waffles for breakfast. None of us truly can know. None of us ever get a guarantee of having it all, of not having adversities. So, sometimes truth lies in harsh speaking. If my words, opinions offend you, please ignore me and don't read the words. I have a right to speak just as you've a right to not listen. Yes, I know it goes both ways, too. :) Thanks for reading this, and by the way, welcome to life. :)
You addressed a lot of great points in here. I love the censored emoji! Where'd ya get that?

The taxes are killing the B and M shops in Chicago. I don't know how it's affecting things in other places, but I imagine the trend is the same.

Reactions: liblue1

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
You addressed a lot of great points in here. I love the censored emoji! Where'd ya get that?

The taxes are killing the B and M shops in Chicago. I don't know how it's affecting things in other places, but I imagine the trend is the same.

Well, the censored emoji is on here in the smilies. Yes taxes. Joy oh joy. What was part of why America was founded again? Something freedom of religion, taxation without representation, something, and liberty for all. Excuse me need to go dodge the rendition team. :)

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Well, the censored emoji is on here in the smilies. Yes taxes. Joy oh joy. What was part of why America was founded again? Something freedom of religion, taxation without representation, something, and liberty for all. Excuse me need to go dodge the rendition team. :)
Ha! Yes. I can't find the censored. Oh, wait. There it is. I'm really :censored: glad I found it! Thanks so :censored: much!

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Ha! Yes. I can't find the censored. Oh, wait. There it is. I'm really :censored: glad I found it! Thanks so :censored: much!

* grins * You quite :censored: welcome. Apologies for sailor talk with a lady, but you did :censored: start it. *chuckles*

Glad my question thread has given insight to why folks suggest vendors. I do not feel you were out of bounds with your answers here, even being a vendor or associate of one. You were not as far as I saw giving a sells pitch.

You did highlight your company, and offer the positive benefits of doing custom with it. Any business does this in any manner they are able. I did ask why people suggest vendors. You responded. That in my estimation is conversation, open discourse on a forum about vaping.

I see others cite service as a big factor. That too is a positive for me. Being from a lower end social economic situation, I also value, value. Affordable pricing is a good bonus. I will though pay for quality products if I find a desire for them. What I appreciate though is durable goods, such as RDAs and tanks which are indeed durable and not junk bought to be replaced next week. Still there's also the buying on the cheap, testing waters prior to making larger purchases.

For me a good vendor can understand this dichotomy and not see it as exclusive but inclusive. They'll have knowledgeable people with them able to guide me toward a good value buy. These same folks will answer questions without attempting to make me feel inferior, also without seeming bored out of their skulls. Either of these gets conveyed to customers as condescending and sparks up, :evil:and a desire to just walk on away.

Your responses here illustrate a good crew for your company. You all will indeed act as guides. This entails not working up a spiel over the latest and greatest new thing costing a new house down payment, shoving it on every customer. No, I don't see your crew doing that. I see you smiling on approaching a customer, "let me know if I can offer any help in choosing gear, or if you want to look go ahead." Then, you step off and go about doing other things yet remain attentive enough to be by the customer's side right before they turn to ask a question. This to me is high level professionalism and good business 101. :)

That was presented in your responses, congratulate yourself, you deserve it. :):thumbs:

It was good seeing that and the responses of others. Glad I asked and glad to see an over all sentiment concerning why vendors are suggested. This helps too in finding standards for businesses and consumers, least as far as I'm aware. Admittedly I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. :)

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca

Yeah sure, overpriced compared to virtually all online sellers...having said that, I still don't get why people don't get the fact that B & M stores have to pay employees, insurance, rent, advertising, shop fixtures...etc etc etc, go ahead, open up a shop and charge what the discount online sellers charge and let's see how long you're in business.

My local shop charges retail for everything, and their loyal customer base are the kind of people that don't spend half their day combing the web to save 2 bucks on a 30 dollar device, online vs B & M...still a stupid argument.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Yeah sure, overpriced compared to virtually all online sellers...having said that, I still don't get why people don't get the fact that B & M stores have to pay employees, insurance, rent, advertising, shop fixtures...etc etc etc, go ahead, open up a shop and charge what the discount online sellers charge and let's see how long you're in business.

My local shop charges retail for everything, and their loyal customer base are the kind of people that don't spend half their day combing the web to save 2 bucks on a 30 dollar device, online vs B & M...still a stupid argument.

It is not that it is not understood the B&Ms need to pay all the overhead. That is understood. I have seen B&Ms that do have good value prices and some comparable with online vendors. Let me restate that, I know people who do custom such B&Ms and they do post about them. So, it's not understood why more are unable to offer more affordable pricing, if there are some that do manage to compete and give more affordable pricing.

Also there you go too, you just mention the customer base. Not everyone fits that demographic. They need to look for value prices to have gear within their means. If that offends you, not sure what to tell you.

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
It is not that it is not understood the B&Ms need to pay all the overhead. That is understood. I have seen B&Ms that do have good value prices and some comparable with online vendors. Let me restate that, I know people who do custom such B&Ms and they do post about them. So, it's not understood why more are unable to offer more affordable pricing, if there are some that do manage to compete and give more affordable pricing.

Also there you go too, you just mention the customer base. Not everyone fits that demographic. They need to look for value prices to have gear within their means. If that offends you, not sure what to tell you.

Definitely not offended, I just get tired of people whining about B & M pricing.

Vaping has become a hobby for many of us, if you're a hobbyist the average run of the mill vape shop isn't going to carry what you want, I know mine doesn't...but the majority of the vape community could care less about the latest flavor of the month hardware piece, they just want a bottle of juice, a pack of coils and that's it.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Definitely not offended, I just get tired of people whining about B & M pricing.

Vaping has become a hobby for many of us, if you're a hobbyist the average run of the mill vape shop isn't going to carry what you want, I know mine doesn't...but the majority of the vape community could care less about the latest flavor of the month hardware piece, they just want a bottle of juice, a pack of coils and that's it.

True, then you get those who get into the hobby enough to find what they want to use and don't need much shop, or online.

Good example, I have decided on squonking. Looking at the new Kanger Dripbox kit as the next major purchase. May want to try a mini Velocity rda. I'll be leave it out of the kit below, estimate I pay around $20 or less all in for it.

$35 -- Dripbox Kit
$15 -- Wick
$5 -- Wire
$40 -- Half a year of juice
$16 -- 2 LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Flat Top Batteries from IMR Batteries
_________________+
$111

These do not need to be all bought at once, most will be only once a year buys. Can hold off on wire and rayon. Still have most of a 50ft reel of wire, got nearly 4.5 ft of rayon left. Got near 3/4 of a 236ml bottle of juice left, plus extra out front a friend has and I could pay a few bucks to get a bit to mix if needed. Can wait on the batteries a bit too, still have acceptable batteries to use. Need to buy some battery wraps but that's no huge issue.

Once I have the kit the only real ongoing expense might be juice. If I add say $20 to cover shipping for all of the above, still less than $125 per year. I was looking at around $200 per year using evods. Now costs will be near next to nothing. I might need $10.42 a month to pay the $125 a year. Cigarettes if I smoked Reds would run around $120 per month @ $60 a carton and 2 cartons a month.

After getting the kit though, I won't need to buy much if anything from online vendors or B&Ms. What will they have to offer as a product? I may refill the juice, or may mix up unflavored for real cheap here. Not that I don't want to help vendors stay in business. They simply won't have products needed, or wanted though. Kind of a catch 22 getting a kit you like set up.

"Know the magician's trick, it's no longer magic."

Reactions: liblue1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread