Why won't my 18650 battery's not fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tremorsross11

Moved On
Mar 15, 2017
Hey everybody, I just got a smok Alien 220 W and I got some casung 18650 3.7V 6000 MAH. So I put two of those battery's in the mod but the mod won't close now. I put a lot of force on it but I don't want to put too much force so if someone can help that would be greatly appreciated. The battery's look like the ones in the pic

Attachments

• IMG_2925.PNG
    IMG_2925.PNG
    127.9 KB · Views: 504
Reactions: thetrucker

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! First, I've never heard of casung batteries before. They're labelled as 2600 mAh not 6000 mAh (no one manufactures a 6000 mAh 18650 battery.). Without knowing more about them it's impossible to say for sure what they are, why they don't fit, and whether or not they're appropriate to use for vaping, rather than a flashlight. I would suggest getting authentic batteries off this list from Mooch, our resident battery guru. There are legitimate vendors listed on the bottom. Good luck!
Battery Chart.jpeg

Oh, I wouldn't try forcing them in. If they don't fit, get proper new ones.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Hi and welcome! First, I've never heard of casung batteries before. They're labelled as 2600 mAh not 6000 mAh (no one manufactures a 6000 mAh 18650 battery.). Without knowing more about them it's impossible to say for sure what they are, why they don't fit, and whether or not they're appropriate to use for vaping, rather than a flashlight. I would suggest getting authentic batteries off this list from Mooch, our resident battery guru. There are legitimate vendors listed on the bottom. Good luck!
View attachment 644403

Oh, I wouldn't try forcing them in. If they don't fit, get proper new ones.
Chances are those are maximum 10 amp protected cells. As such, they have a chip in the positive end that makes them longer. Get some LG HE4, Samsng 25R, Sony VTC 5A. Oh, and get a Liion flashlight for those other batteries you bought... that's about all they'll be good for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Hey everybody, I just got a Smok Alien 220 W and I got some casung 18650 3.7V 6000 MAH. So I put two of those battery's in the mod but the mod won't close now. I put a lot of force on it but I don't want to put too much force so if someone can help that would be greatly appreciated. The battery's look like the ones in the pic

I had the same problem with my first mech mod..........seems that some of the 18650 batteries are a little longer than others..............I had a button top battery

and I could not get the end cap to screw back on.......... if you could get to a vape shop..........pick up a battery and have your new mod with you......In your picture it looks as

though the batterys are button top instead of flat.....

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Those are LOW drain batteries, made for FLASHLIGHTS and such device. (low output, long life)

Mods require HIGH drain batteries. (high output, shorter life)

While they may look the same, they are not. The chemical structure inside is very different.

Do NOT use these in a mod and stay away from these off-brands... stick to the types as per the picture that Eskie provided... (Sony, LG, Samsung, etc... aka actual manufacturers of batteries and not re-wrapped crap).

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
In the original post the image of the two batteries look like .."Button Top"................to me.....button top batteries are longer than the flat top batteries I believe

and that is why the cover does not close...............but then again...................I could be wrong.........I've been wrong before...................LOL....

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Off topic and not germane to the discussion

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014