ECF Veteran
Verified Member

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Well someone posted were to get the best kenthal wire and I read all the comment and found this Kanthal Wire 28 Gauge RW0118 - 100 Ft 0.61oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG and ordered it on the spot.
Now my question is were can I get the best wick, either cotton silica or any other?
Where can I get the wick in a big amount?

vape on :vapor:

So the real question is what kind of wick do you want?

Many people are using things that are VERY cheap in bulk. If you want to use cotton, there has been a LOT of success with cotton balls, and pure cotton yarn. You can get both of these at WalMart or KMart for about $2. Otherwise, you can go to a craft store and find both items as well as candle wicking ... As for silica, I would try ebay or amazon to get it in bulk.

HTH

Alamedean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2012
Alameda, CA
Well someone posted were to get the best kenthal wire and I read all the comment and found this Kanthal Wire 28 Gauge RW0118 - 100 Ft 0.61oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG and ordered it on the spot.
Now my question is were can I get the best wick, either cotton silica or any other?
Where can I get the wick in a big amount?

Vape on :vapor:

Check out Videinfra on Calivapers.com. He has cotton silica and lots of other accessories to offer. I have purchased from him and find his products and service to be excellent. See attachment:

Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 6.28.10 AM.jpg

Oops, that image doesn't look to good. Try http://www.calivapers.com/showthread.php?5361-2mm-3mm-Silica-Wick.

If that doesn't work PM me and I'll get you the info.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Depends on your build and atomizer. Hemp fiber works great, cotton is good, cheap and easily obtained. Silica, used a little bit, but there is concern about silica needles impaling in the lungs, and since I've gone to micro coils, used mainly cotton balls, and now playing with hemp fiber. SS mesh is good too and lets not forget about ceramic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread