Wicking Kanger Subox Mini RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyNuttY

Verified Member
Nov 1, 2015
Singapore
Hi guys,

I just got my vape today and I went ahead to use the rba instead of the OCC since I want to save some money as OCC are not reuseable (or so I've heard). I wicked it once and after a couple of hours later it started producing burnt hits, so I rewicked and then I vaped and started getting spitback. On my third wick now and still going fine after a few hours but I get dry hits once in awhile after chain vaping.

Could someone guide me or give me some tips on wicking?

Thanks!

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
Nov 12, 2015
Melbourne, Australia.
I realise pictures would help, but a description will serve. First, what wicking material and what size coil?

I've found that a 3mm coil provides enough cotton to fill the wick well without blocking up the juice holes too much. It seems to me you just haven't quite found the balance yet. Too little cotton and you get a boiling/spitting vape. Too much and you get a dry hit.

Keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

Edit: I'm assuming you're trimming your wick so that it rests at the bottom of the juice well? Some people run the wick through the holes, but I found it of no help.

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
Nov 12, 2015
Melbourne, Australia.
Enough cotton so that it provides a little bit of resistance as you drag is through the coil. I usually wet the wick first then inform the wick down into the well, then trim it a fraction longer than deck height. When you install the outer sleeve it may take a little tweaking to get the wick to cover the juice hole, but essentially the end should just rest on the bottom of the well.

Reactions: jcash74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread