Xen Foro tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Forum How-To's' started by retired1, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Puff2K

Puff2K Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    Please forgive me if this has been covered but how would I find out who might be "following" me so I could follow them back? I don't want to be rude! :tumble:Thank you!

2. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Go to your profile page: Puff2K | E-Cigarette Forum

Left column shows who's following you.

Puff2K likes this.
  3. Puff2K

Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    Thank you but I'm using the forum in my mobile browser? Does it still show there because I couldn't see.

I found it with the link you provided! Thank you. :)

4. rdsok

rdsok ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    It does on the browser I use in the mode I've selected... I'm using Chrome on my Android smartphone and have it set to show the full site and not the mobile version...

Who knows about what you are using or how you have it setup if you don't tell them

Puff2K likes this.
  5. Puff2K

Mar 10, 2015
    USA
    It works in the mobile browser too. Thanks.

6. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    How do we put something like this on someone's profile page? I copy the image, but it doesn't paste in the text box there like it does here.

[​IMG]

Burnie likes this.
  7. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

If all else fails - using BB Code should work . . .

[IMG . . . ] . . . . Insert Internet Address Of Image Here . . . [ . . . /IMG]

After removing all spaces, periods, and instructions between brackets image should be able to be posted to profile page . . . Hope this helps . . . ;)

Cool_Breeze likes this.
  8. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    tried a couple of them, one was real long, the other was shorter, but it gave an error both times saying I couldn't use more than 420 characters. Thanks though. I hope we can still do these.

9. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    There's a character limit on profile posts. No way around it other than to find an image that has a shorter URL.

If you want to use that particular image, save it to imgur and use that URL instead.

10. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    but you can do it with the bb code that uncle posted? I don't have imgur, but I did try that particular one from my photobucket, that was the shorter one I tried, will try it in a different message without the wording I used. Thanks

ETA: well no, it posted, but posted just with the generic image box thing when they don't work

ETAA: Ok......got it to work, copied image from PB after I clicked on it, then pasted it and it worked. thanks for y'alls help

11. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Imgur is a free image hosting service.

Imgur

Very short URLs and easy to use.

For example:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ahsnk5B.jpg[/img]

Becomes:

[​IMG]

12. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Nice to know that imgur has much shorter urls. I've just learned how to do this with pb and loaded over 1,000 smileys there, so not up for a move at the moment. Just learned last night about symbaloo which is what a friend uses for hers, so thinking about that, but need to learn more about it. My shoulder and arm hurt just from thinking about moving all those smilies anywhere. I know you like imgur, now I know at least one reason why :) dunno if you saw it but I did add another eta saying I did get it to work in a separate message on her page from PB

13. cindycated

cindycated ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I dunno if Yahoo! does it too, but Google's been doing SSL Search (encrypted), so when you copy the link address from thumbnails or preview windows, you're most likely copying the encrypted version of the image's URL - that's why it's so long. Just go that one step further (click on "Visit Page" or "View Image") and copy the link address from there.

It doesn't happen to me all the time. Sometimes all I've wanted was a thumbnail and it let me copy it. Have no idea how all that stuff works. :confused:

Uncle and Debadoo like this.
  14. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I have a question about finding old posts--either by keyword or by username. The old platform had this nifty "search in ascending order" function that let us start the search from the very end, as in the very first mention of the word (or user's oldest post). I can't find it here. Any tips?

15. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Unfortunately, that isn't an option for this search engine.

Katya likes this.
  16. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Is there any way to find old posts? Before the search engine cutoff date, whatever it is?

17. retired1

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    You would have to zero in on a pretty explicit search parameter for it to find the older posts.

Katya likes this.
  18. crystalluv545

crystalluv545 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2015
    Staten Island NY

19. Bimini Twist

Bimini Twist Twisted Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 27, 2012
    Redneck Riviera
    Just revisited with my ad blocker turned off. Ads still there for this paying member. So, what are the benefits to being a supporting member? Oh yea, morning greetings with free coffee and breakfast in an exclusive chat thread.

Thinkin'...
    Thinkin'...
    Thinkin'...

OK. Since I will never click on one of those ads, ECF will not get any click-thru revenue from me. And because ECF is still the best resource for vapers at all levels of experience, I will renew my support when the time comes.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, just typing out loud here.

Adblocker - ACTIVATE!

SkinyFatMan and Uncle like this.
  20. tiburonfirst

tiburonfirst They call me 'Tibs" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    back home
    well, you could change your mood as often as the urge hits you! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.