Status
Not open for further replies.

DLite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
CA
www.vapealiciousjuice.com
The funny thing is, on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.~

~ We are told to remember the idea, not the man. Because a man can fail. He can be killed and forgotten. But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed firsthand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them; and die defending them. But you cannot touch an idea, cannot hold it or kiss it. An idea does not bleed, it cannot feel pain, and it does not love. And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man. A man who made me remember the fifth of November. A man I will never forget.~

~ You know, fathers don't like to admit it when daughters become capable of running their own lives. It means we've become spectators. Bianca still let's me play a few innings - you've had me on the bench for years. And when you go to Sarah Lawrence, I won't even be able to watch the game.~

~ It's just black people demeaning other black people, using that word over and over. You ever hear white people callin' each other "honky" all the time? "Hey, honky, how's work?" "Not bad, cracker, we're diversifying!"~

Last edited:

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US
i dunno, i gotta go w/ clint personally (for something other than princess bride cause there are some good 1's there too)

"if i can't eat it, drink it, smoke it, fire it or :censored: it, i'm not interested"

but there are so many quotes i actually use - most r silly

my best friend, to diffuse a situation where he's complaining and some1's (his fiance) is getting too defensive, he'll say

"you scratched my CD!!!, you took it out in broad daylight and scratched it!!"

and currently we've been quoting rocky in front of his fiance when she asks a silly question if he doesn't say it to her directly, i sometimes tell him (to help him)
"take her to the ZOO!!, retods LOVE the ZOO!!" (typed to show both accent and emphasis)

there are just so many but that's because i'll even use them.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Mine aren't deep. And they're mostly Princess Bride.

The ones I remember most certainly aren't deep.

Camelot!
Camelot!
Camelot!
It's only a model.
Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

There are quite a few from Platoon, but I'd have to violate the rules to quote them.

#1 used quote from Princess Bride: I don't think that word means what you think it does.

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
i'd probably get in trouble if i posted the quotes i remember from Full Metal Jacket, so i won't :laugh:

Yes, I meant FMJ, not Platoon. Gawd, some days, I swear my brain is missing.:blink:

Speaking of 'Nam flicks ...

I just love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Also, really cheating here, but AFI's 100 Years…100 Movie Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread