Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
With all the talk on new 22mm tanks like the Griffin I'm just wondering if anyone with a Zephyrus using RBA has found any these newer tanks sooooooo much better like reviewers lead me to believe?
I have the Zephyruses... Zephyrii?... well, both V1 and V2. I find them to be acceptable, but I do like the Griffin more. It's the deck... that Velocity-style deck makes building so much easier. The newer tanks also tend to be a bit airier, if that's what you're looking for. BUT, if a slightly tighter draw is sought, and a smaller 3 post (split center) deck doesn't bother you, then there's no reason to look further. The Zephyrus is a fine tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foggy Road

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I have the Zephyruses... Zephyrii?... well, both V1 and V2. I find them to be acceptable, but I do like the Griffin more. It's the deck... that Velocity-style deck makes building so much easier. The newer tanks also tend to be a bit airier, if that's what you're looking for. BUT, if a slightly tighter draw is sought, and a smaller 3 post (split center) deck doesn't bother you, then there's no reason to look further. The Zephyrus is a fine tank.

Cool, what size coils can I put in it? Was looking at the Bellus as well, looks to be built exactly like the aromamizer but just two holes, 2 posts not velocity. Any experience with either of them?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Cool, what size coils can I put in it? Was looking at the Bellus as well, looks to be built exactly like the aromamizer but just two holes, 2 posts not velocity. Any experience with either of them?
Yup... got those, too. The Bellus and the Aromamizer Supreme are VERY similar. The Supreme has juice flow control, the Bellus does not. The Bellus is a great flavor tank. It is a tetch prone to leaking/seeping, though.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yup... got those, too. The Bellus and the Aromamizer Supreme are VERY similar. The Supreme has juice flow control, the Bellus does not. The Bellus is a great flavor tank. It is a tetch prone to leaking/seeping, though.

Ok, that sounds good other then seeping lol. Mostly just because of the design I guess it's bound to get wet often... keep paper towel close by lol. What size coils can you build on the Zephyrus? Read it's quite a small area to work with like 2mm ID. Between Zephyrus and Bellus which do you prefer? Both on sale here about 1/2 price and 1/2 what a newer RTA cost like the OBS/Griffin/Aromamizer supreme etc. They have Lemo V2 as well but that looks huge and junky for a 22mm tank.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Ok, that sounds good other then seeping lol. Mostly just because of the design I guess it's bound to get wet often... keep paper towel close by lol. What size coils can you build on the Zephyrus? Read it's quite a small area to work with like 2mm ID. Between Zephyrus and Bellus which do you prefer? Both on sale here about 1/2 price and 1/2 what a newer RTA cost like the OBS/Griffin/Aromamizer supreme etc. They have Lemo V2 as well but that looks huge and junky for a 22mm tank.
2.5 mm is all you're going to get in there. Of course, you'll have to go smaller if you use bigger wire (not that the post holes will allow for BIG wires). Between the Bellus and Zephyrus? Hmmmmm... Probably the Bellus, BUT I do like the ability to install a factory coil when needed in the Zephyrus. There's also the Goliath V2 to consider... a 2 post deck (still only two holes, but a bit easier to work on), juice flow control, AND available stock coils.

Don't discount the Lemo V2, though. It's not much on flavor or air, but as a single coil RTA, it ain't bad, and that top fill method is nice...

Honestly, although I have them all, I don't use them that frequently anymore. Here as of late, I've been stuck on tanks from OBS... Crius, Crius Plus, and Engine are all winners IMO. I've also been playing a lot with the next generation Genesis tanks like the Limitless RDTA and Avocado.

If, on the other hand, you've only got the $$$ to spend on one, and what they carry gives you a choice of the Zephyrus, Bellus, or Lemo V2, get the Bellus unless you really need the ability to install factory coils or really prefer single coil RTAs (the Zephyrus pioneered the idea of a single coil adapter, and that's one of the reasons I bought it, but I've never used it... so, I guess, that has to be factored in, too...)

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
2.5 mm is all you're going to get in there. Of course, you'll have to go smaller if you use bigger wire (not that the post holes will allow for BIG wires). Between the Bellus and Zephyrus? Hmmmmm... Probably the Bellus, BUT I do like the ability to install a factory coil when needed in the Zephyrus. There's also the Goliath V2 to consider... a 2 post deck (still only two holes, but a bit easier to work on), juice flow control, AND available stock coils.

Don't discount the Lemo V2, though. It's not much on flavor or air, but as a single coil RTA, it ain't bad, and that top fill method is nice...

Honestly, although I have them all, I don't use them that frequently anymore. Here as of late, I've been stuck on tanks from OBS... Crius, Crius Plus, and Engine are all winners IMO. I've also been playing a lot with the next generation Genesis tanks like the Limitless RDTA and Avocado.

If, on the other hand, you've only got the $$$ to spend on one, and what they carry gives you a choice of the Zephyrus, Bellus, or Lemo V2, get the Bellus unless you really need the ability to install factory coils or really prefer single coil RTAs (the Zephyrus pioneered the idea of a single coil adapter, and that's one of the reasons I bought it, but I've never used it... so, I guess, that has to be factored in, too...)
How about Crius 22mm vs Griffin 22mm? $ not really the issue but they have those 3 on sale for cheaper then even FastTech LOL. $24.99 Canadian which is about $17.50 USD and no shipping cost! At that price I'd be crazy not to buy one.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
How about Crius 22mm vs Griffin 22mm? $ not really the issue but they have those 3 on sale for cheaper then even FastTech LOL. $24.99 Canadian which is about $17.50 USD and no shipping cost! At that price I'd be crazy not to buy one.
I'm an odd one in this category. I prefer the Crius over the Griffin.that top fill us a winner. However, most folks prefer the Griffin...

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada

The Bellus has a plug to make it single coil also. After reading about 300 reviews seems they both have small build decks and are prone to leaking unless they are wicked perfect. Zephrus has the easier deck to build on but Bellus has the better design for flavour. I'll open a new post and see what everyone else says +1 for Bellus so far thanks a ton.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I'm an odd one in this category. I prefer the Crius over the Griffin.that top fill us a winner. However, most folks prefer the Griffin...

I did some investigating and I guess the main reasons are the 2mm post holes in the griffin and PEEK insulater. Crius is ceramic insulater and may crack if your not careful dry burning it, then it leaks and cant be fixed. I may wait since the crius came out a month or 2 after the bellus maybe they'll put that on sale soon. Griffin came out shorty after that but they just got them a few months ago. They have had he Crius v3 for ages. I may just ask them tomorrow if they'll sell me one for same price, it's cheaper online then the bellus.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yeah, I ended up with like a +5 for the Bellus. Got it a few hours ago. Very nice flavour, wasn't as hard as reviewers made it look and sound to build on. Two 26 AWG Kanthal 2.5mm at 35-45w is running nice, no shorts and no leaks except when I take the deck out it gets messy. Gonna try the single coil next though 35-45w kills my battery on VTC Mini.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Yeah, I ended up with like a +5 for the Bellus. Got it a few hours ago. Very nice flavour, wasn't as hard as reviewers made it look and sound to build on. Two 26 AWG Kanthal 2.5mm at 35-45w is running nice, no shorts and no leaks except when I take the deck out it gets messy. Gonna try the single coil next though 35-45w kills my battery on VTC Mini.
Good! Glad to hear you're liking it!!

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Good! Glad to hear you're liking it!!

Yup, just glad I don't have to buy anymore coils for $20 lol. Chucks major clouds at 50w, to much for me I think, single coil next for sure. I ain't a ninja, no need for all that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread