Zephyrus ( Coiled and wicked right,, WOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
In a thread I started about DIY Gourmet e-juice an ecf member [ Sparkky 1 ] got me interested in the Zephyrus RTA. Sparkky 1 said it was his tank of choice... NOW I KNOW WHY.

The Zephyrus has the greatest air flow of any tank I've tried as well as great cloud production and great flavor,,, BUT

You have to figure out the right coil build, then the right wicking method.

This took me a few days, if not a week to get just right. I watched half a dozen youtube videos about the Zephyrus and I built mine all different ways. Here is what I found to work great.

26ga. Kanthal ,,, 6 wrap on 2.5mm coil jig (Dual coils give you a .3 ohm build.)

The wicking I used is Organic cotton balls cut and rolled to slide loosely through coils. I found thinning the wick very much, juicing it up and guiding it into the juice channels ( to the bottoms of the juice channels ) and very gently screwing the coil barrel on.
At this point I can see just a tiny bit of the thinned out wick at the bottom of the juice channels ( every so little )

This wicks the thick juice I like nicely, and doesn't allow leaking ( which is one of the two touchy characteristics of the Zephyrus. The other is Dry Hits, ( from not wicking correctly and blocking the juice channels from wicking freely. )

IMO,, After you learn the Zephyrus, It gets Two Thumbs Up. And More if I had them.

Last edited:

slightlystoop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
I've been messing with mine again hard time getting longer then 3 second hits without burning using 80/20 blend can't find right wicking I have it situated in the coil not too tight not to lose. Trimmed tails and have them with not much cotton but they get down into the juice well. I have the same build as well. Pictures?

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Good news !

Running at 30w wicking like a champ and flavor is wonderful!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread