Zmax V2 Power Surge Problem...Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
For the most part I love this mod but I have been having one problem with it which I was wondering if any of you have had.When the batteries are dead and I switch to a new set the first hit is a massive surge which has popped 4 different attys of mine(over $50).I have tried firing it without the atty attached first but when I put the atty back on still the first hit is massive.The only way my attys survive now is I over drip them with like 6 or 7 drops so the first hit does not destroy them.I was real ...... when my HH357 popped that I have used for just over a year.Anyone else have this issue with the Zmax?

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I tried it at both 3 watts in power mode and 3 volts in voltage mode and still get the same massive first hit either way.I think i'm gonna contact the vendor and see if I can exchange it for another one.I can't afford to lose any more attys so I hope they will trade straight up for me since I've only had it a few days.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I tried it at both 3 watts in power mode and 3 volts in voltage mode and still get the same massive first hit either way.I think i'm gonna contact the vendor and see if I can exchange it for another one.I can't afford to lose any more attys so I hope they will trade straight up for me since I've only had it a few days.

Should still be under vendor warranty if you bought it with one. Hope it works out for you - good device but not if you have attys blowing out.

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
Mine popped a fairly new vivi nova coil, once. When I checked, it had changed from RMS to mean mode. It still as at 9.5 watts on power mode. You could see the coil glow white before it popped. Only did this once, I check that it's in RMS mode before putting a vivi nova on it.

I pushed the button & took a drag & wow, it about took my head off. I pushed the button again & looked at the coil & it was whitre hot. I checked the setting & realized that the coil was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread