1.2ohm BDC, 1000mAh VV/VW PV with LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Confused yet noobs? :confused:

I know what all that means now, But I also remember being like :blink: what?

Does this forum have a glossary? Not that I mind explaining it to people.:rolleyes:

But if they don't ask then it takes longer to learn and get going with vaping.:unsure:

I know because I'm one of these people, I hate drawing attention to the fact, I'm a noob...:oops: So I learned the long hard way.:facepalm:

But got thinking back on how nice it would have been to just have a glossary. :glare:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
well I'm lost..I really wish I was smart enough and could remember well enough for all this jazz!!

I try most of the time to remember not everyone knows the silly terms and put it after, Like rba (Rebuildable Atomizer) but things like mAh (milliamp hours) which really isn't much better than the acronym, so in laymen terms, mAh (milliamp hours) is just fancy talk for when a battery will die and needing recharging aka, Battery life, Guess fancy words make us feel smarter, Funny thing is I know most of them and don't feel any smarter yet... just more useless nonsense in my head, LOL (Laugh Out Loud) :blink:

Edit: No offence to anyone that feels smarter knowing them!

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
it's not to make someone feel smarter its to save 5 paragraphs of text when talking about them. ( i just got my trident rebuildable dripping atomizer and i cant wait to try some ultra low resistance double coils in there)

every time people talk about cars no one makes sure to say my car gets 20 Miles Per Gallon when I drive on the highway they say i get 20 mpg. no different. and the terminology goes with every hobby or interest.

I just got a new Hard Disk Drive for my personal computer and then changed out the static discharge random access memory with some new 1300 megahertz double data rate static discharge random accesses memory

got a new hd for my pc so i changed out the ram to some new ddr -- -- -- nothing more.

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I understand all that, and when posting in the per say, RBA (Rebuildable Atomizers) forums and such where noobs really aren't gonna be hangin out, yes... It does save a ton of time for us, But... In the noob forums and other hangouts for noobs, it slows things down for them considerably, Just see it alot on the noob forums is all and since vets go in there to help noobs out, it just seems counterproductive to not spell it out for them and well I think you get it.

I just know from a noob standpoint It makes it harder and why confuse them more than they already are when it only takes a moment to spell it out for them.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The best vaping glossary I've come across is this one. I don't think there is a good one on ECF, at least I've never found one and I think I looked once.

I know what you mean GREEN ZOMBIE. I try to spell things out more when I think someone is new and they might not yet have done much research. I think people learn what they need to learn pretty quick though and usually it's not an issue.

ETA: BTW, what's the weather like in Calgary these days? I saw my first snowflakes last night here, but only a couple small ones :thumb:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
This gets my vote for one of the better jargon dictionaries: e-Cigarette Jargon and Terms - eCig 101

But even this one is started to look dated. It's good - but hasn't been updated in nearly a year. (However, the last time I looked at the ECF version it was even more incomplete and out of date.)

Didn't someone start a wiki thingee for e-cig jargon?

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
I know what you mean GREEN ZOMBIE. I try to spell things out more when I think someone is new and they might not yet have done much research. I think people learn what they need to learn pretty quick though and usually it's not an issue.

ETA: BTW, what's the weather like in Calgary these days? I saw my first snowflakes last night here, but only a couple small ones :thumb:

Yeah, I picked up the lingo pretty fast, It's just nice to help others, as I appreciated it also when good people accommodated me by spelling it out. People that can't be bothered with some common courtesy or a little empathy to help others out really says something about the world.

As for weather we already have snow here, But we have a chinook coming in, should get to about +9 by noon:toast:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
This gets my vote for one of the better jargon dictionaries: e-Cigarette Jargon and Terms - eCig 101

But even this one is started to look dated. It's good - but hasn't been updated in nearly a year. (However, the last time I looked at the ECF version it was even more incomplete and out of date.)

Didn't someone start a wiki thingee for e-cig jargon?

Great post, I like how they mixed in acronyms to speed the learning process, Great beginners list!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread