1.5 DC Carto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
ok what tank and what carto would all you guys use if you dont like dc ? right now im using a dc tank
Use any tank that you feel looks good on your device. It's the cartomizer that provides the flavor, throat hit, and vapor. XL or 45mm single coil cartos fit in the DC tanks just fine.

The tank is just a juice carrier. I prefer glass over plastic tubes. Only other preference for me is ease of filling with juice; I'd recommend staying away from some of the silicone grommet tanks requiring a needle and syringe to fill (PITA unless you also get regular endcaps as an add on).

Cartomizers for tanks
I've been using the Smoktek single coil 3.o ohm. These fit in the longer tanks just like the dual coils do. I get some in one and two holes laser-drilled. Regular 50/50 pg/vg juices get the single hole, anything with more than 60% vg get two holes. Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL

I'd always heard great recommendations about Ikenvape cartos, but was never able to try any because for months it seemed they were out of stock. Well, they recently got them in stock, and I got some Mega Platinum "punch!" cartos in 3.0 ohm. I've got them in a couple of tanks and so far I'm liking them a lot. https://www.ikenvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MGAPlatP

Tanks
I'll only recommend one tank vendor because I feel he stands out from the crowd for offering high quality and inexpensive pyrex tanks for the masses. IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! The 19mm slim tanks are the perfect diameter for the top of a Provari. You can get a tank with caps for only $20. Can't beat that price. I've got 5 and I'll get more. You can get 2-3 of these for one Phiniac.

OCD-2.jpg OCD-1.jpg IBTanked on BB, Provari, and SB

I'm not downing Phiniac, either. They are incredible tanks, just pricey with a plain tank starting around $46. I have one of their pyrex tubes mated with Bella Elegance endcaps from Hoosier Vapes. Nice thing about these cartotanks from Hoosier Vapes is the top cap and drip tip are one-piece, and the top twists off the tube for juice filling. http://phiniac.com/ (Links for Hoosier Vapes won't work on ECF - just google them)

Bella_Phin1.jpg Bella Ellegance caps with Phiniac pyrex tube

Check out my other tanks in the link in my sig below:

Last edited:

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
Lots of good info on tanks, thanks. I tried one and didn't have much success. The tank was fine, but the carto (single punch boge) just wouldn't vape right after a day or so. I've read there were QC issues w/boges so maybe that was the problem. Gonna try again when I get my Mini, because they sure do look good on them, and I like the whole tank concept.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
if cartos are your thing, there is lots of good info in this thread.

just please, dont order from litecig, they are terrible. i havent purchased anything from them since they sent my gf a couple bad twist batts, she asked for a refund they wasted her time making her send them back then sent the SAME broken batt back to her calling her an idiot because it was 5-click locked. of course she is going to lock it before sending it in the mail. also the pos connector was FULL of some nasty dirty burnt dekang juice lol. also, when i got her an EGO-C to start out on, two of the atties for it were duds, she was using 70/30 juice but some worked, some just didnt. they said the reason it didnt work right was because Joye products are built for dekang juice, and she needed to buy some of their nasty dekang juice and it would work fine. Ugh those people are terrible.

^this is actually the reason why i bought us provaris. :rolleyes: no regrets here.

/rant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread