1-flavor per clearomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flux

Sep 25, 2013
Japan
Hello,

Yet, another newbie question! Thanks to the veterans and experienced folk for answering my previous ultra-rudimentary questions...!

I am wondering what the typical protocol for using tanks/clearomizers is when it comes to filling them with juices. I've just started a few days ago and have several clearomizers on hand. I also have a lot of different flavors coming in through the mail; more flavors than I have clearomizers, actually!

So, my question is: do users typically keep one flavor per clearomizer? Or, is it ok to put a new flavor in, after cleaning/rinsing the clearomizer? Since I have more flavors than I do clearomizers, I would like to "re-purpose" some of the clearomizers to try out different flavors.

My current assumption is that it is best to keep one flavor per clearomizer because the wick soaks up the juice from the previous filling and retains it, even after a cleaning. Would this be true?

Thanks for any input!!

unknown_shooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix AZ
youll learn that a few flavors seem to "stick" in a tank - menthol/mint for instance. you can get most of that flavor out with a rinse in vodka or mouthwash, i keep mine in "families" - usually one tank is menthols, another is tobacco, another is fruity flavors, and one more for chocolate.. coffee mix goes in the choco-tank, etc..

even if you arent a fan of colored tanks, it does minimize accidental surprise mixes..
that said, I got three-weeks out of my first clearo, simply by rinsing it out between flavors with cheap vodka.

if you have a tank that disassembles & has replaceable coils, you can do a pretty thorugh cleanout with just hot water..

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I keep up to a dozen cartotanks and a few clearomizers up and running simultaneously. Each have their own flavor in them, which makes it easy to go from one flavor to the next. I switch flavors (tanks) 3 - 4 times a day, as I like variety when I vape.

I've been vaping for over 1.5 years, so I've been able to find this many different flavors that I like in my collection. I spent a certain vaping budget each month to collect my juice attachments and try new flavors. It has been a satisfying plan of action that works for me.

Pictures of My Setup

Last edited:

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
About the only flavor I can't clean out of a clearo (or any type of setup in general, with silica wicks) is cinnamon. If you can replace the heads in your clearos, have one head per flavor 'family' as posted above, and rinse them in hot water or PGA/Everclear/vodka once in a while to keep them clean. The tanks themselves are pretty much just rinse with hot water and pour whatever you want in, as long as the heads come out to be cleaned.

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I use evod's and wash them out and reuse with different flavors very often...the only flavor that stuck around was a strong mint. I also have protanks that have never held any flavors no matter how strong. I keep 6 tanks going at all times as I also like to switch flavors often everyday (I will fill each 1/2 full each morning) and I do rinse soak and leave my tanks and coils out to dry each night and refill in the mornings (a vodka soak once a week and I have never done a dry burn or rebuild)

Flux

Sep 25, 2013
Japan
Flux, since you are a new vapor and likely haven't explored a lot of different flavors yet, I feel the need to caution you that there are some flavors that can crack or melt clearomizers and plastic tanks.

Thanks for the heads-up, Baditude. Yes, during my research, I became aware of some juices disintegrating plastic tanks. I am looking to get into glass/pyrex tanks, but am still learning the ropes, so that will happen later down the road.

Thanks again for hooking me up with more information.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
So, a dry burn is just using an empty (recently cleaned) clearomizer attached to a battery and then "running" air through it? Sorry, the terminology is new to me!

Your clearomizers can't be taken apart easily, so it makes dry burning a little tuff, yet it still can be done if you so choose. The coils can last up to a month with regular cleaning, you have to decide if it's worth it to you to clean rather than just toss them when they don't perform anymore. Basically dry burning is putting them on your battery (it's best if it's a manual battery), after you rinse off the old juice, and firing the battery to burn off any hardened on juice residue. Check this video out for a good visual.How to clean and dry burn a clearomizer - YouTube One of the problems though with having a clearo that does'nt come apart is you can't squeeze the excess water out of the wicks, you can still dry burn, but it takes longer because you have to vaporize all that water. Give it a try if you like, it can save you some money.

Last edited:

CaddyWhompus

Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Newington, CT, USA
At the moment I have 3 different mini Vivi Novas and an an atomizer/drip tip setup to sample with. I usually have a juice designated to each clearo and once I run out I clean it and move on to a different flavor. I've found that even with a thorough cleaning the taste may linger from some flavors but after a few hits it tends to go away.

One flavor per clearomiser is best - however you can wash them out and try to get rid of stubborn flavors by soaking in cheap vodka - then rinsing Well.
If you can't get rid of the taste you may have to spring for new wicks.
When you clean with vodka, if you don't rinse "well", do you think it's hazardous if there is a little vodka in there? Sorry if this sounds dumb, still new to this whole thing.

3bet

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2013
Nowhere, GA, USA
When you clean with vodka, if you don't rinse "well", do you think it's hazardous if there is a little vodka in there? Sorry if this sounds dumb, still new to this whole thing.

As a noob myself I haven't used vodka to clean anything yet; but, I can say that it is bad to vape vodka! Don't put juice in it until the vodka has evaporated or you have thoroughly rinsed the wicks out.

As a noob myself I haven't used vodka to clean anything yet; but, I can say that it is bad to vape vodka! Don't put juice in it until the vodka has evaporated or you have thoroughly rinsed the wicks out.
Well, it's not like i filled it up. I just didn't let it dry all the way, then rinsed slightly with water. But I did get the slight smell of vodka. However, I think it was just from the stuff I poured down the sink. Just wanted to make sure.
Also, I googled vaporing vodka and it seems safe as there are a lot of new places that are making vaping cocktails. Kind of interesting concept...people trying to get drunk...faster.
Guess I'm probably being a little too cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread