Status
Not open for further replies.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Good question! I want to use bamboo because I have a Splitfire tank, and don't see SS mesh as a viable option. Bamboo is allegedly superior to cotton as far as wicking goes. I may try it on my Vivi too.

Awaiting someone's answer to the burning. PLEASE!

does bamboo burn easily like cotton if coil fires dry?

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Cannot dry burn with cotton, bamboo, hemp, candle wicks, cheese cloth - it will burn and may catch fire....but on the bright side - remove the wick - throw it away - dry burn - add new wick.............you will also see not much gunk will be deposited on the coils.........I used bamboo and cotton yarn - finally moved over to cotton balls (AKA bunny balls) - easy to make wicks, good flavor, cheap.........now only if DIY juice was this simple.....:glare:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Thank you. I guess I'll have to stick with bamboo, or cotton string, at least for the Splitfire rebuild. I may try bunny balls for something like a Vivi, though.

Cannot dry burn with cotton, bamboo, hemp, candle wicks, cheese cloth - it will burn and may catch fire....but on the bright side - remove the wick - throw it away - dry burn - add new wick.............you will also see not much gunk will be deposited on the coils.........I used bamboo and cotton yarn - finally moved over to cotton balls (AKA bunny balls) - easy to make wicks, good flavor, cheap.........now only if DIY juice was this simple.....:glare:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Thank you. I guess I'll have to stick with bamboo, or cotton string, at least for the Splitfire rebuild. I may try bunny balls for something like a Vivi, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread