100% VG -- why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPloco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
I get around
How do you know if you're allergic to PG?

I am fine with VG but my wife has a mild allergy to VG. She will have a sore throat, break out around the neck area. Since she is allergic to PG she can not use most of the smoking cessation products.
PG is in a lot of FOODS but the general consensus to people with PG allergies is that often when it is eaten it is rendered harmless to our bodies by stomach acids and saliva. Hence never causing an allergic reaction.PG reactions do NOt always happen right away. It may take some time for the PG to build up in your system. Hives on upper body (mostly arms and waist... I remember someone else had it on the waist).

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Isn't VG also thicker then PG? still experimenting with carto/tanks but seems they have more wicking/feeding issues and i hate driping with atty's. i always seem to leak.

Yes, VG is much thicker.

I wouldn't discount the dripping thing entirely. I know it seems like a pain, but for the best taste, TH and control, it simply can't be beat. I started out with atomizers and cartridges. I tried cartos but quickly discovered that dripping was the way to go for the best experience. Naturally, this is my opinion and I'm not in any way shape or form trying to impose it.

kumquat

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
USA
I vape VG because I don't want to inhale Who Knows What From China as most PG juices are sourced there in one way or another and, in all likelihood, contaminated with Uranium, Lead and flesh eating diseases. The VG I use is all American made and Vermont Vapor even has a chemist down the road from their main store front who creates their nicotine. Also, I have zero interest in vaping any flavors that are even remotely food related (do not understand at all why people like food flavored vape) so I'm not missing anything taste-wise.

jch419

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
OH USA
www.smokerevolt.com
It is usually an allergy to PG or some people like producing large vapor clouds-but the throat hit would be zero to zilche in my opinion with 100% VG. PG is best for fluidity and is best for your tips....while VG is for bigger vapor appearance. The answer is in the middle, such as a 70PG to 30VG ratio, now that is a fine vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread