Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
When you see a juice that say's it is 100% VG, they are usualy refering to the nicotine base. Many flavorings contain PG. The % of PG is going to vary from flavor to flavor and OEM to OEM.

A typical flavored e-juice might have 10% - 15% flavoring. So if the flavoring was half PG then you would have about 5% - 7.5% PG in you e-juice.

The best thing to do would be e-Mail Harry at VB and ask him.

Are you looking for flavored juice that has 0% PG or just wondering?

Agrion

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
PA
Hi zoiDman thanks for the response.

I used the feedback form on VB's website yesterday and am waiting for a response so I don't want to bombard them with the same question. I read that they are at a vaporfest so I figured I may get a faster response here...

I seem to be having an adverse reaction to PG. It makes me spacey. So I'm trying to find PG free juices or very low PG juices. I have ordered liquids from Velvet Vapors (100% PG free) with success.

I have been wanting to try VB and I know they give the option of 100% VG. I do realize that most base flavors are suspended in PG.

I'm trying to find out if VB's base flavors are PG based and what affect that has (approximate percentage) on the final e-liquid if ordered it at 100% VG.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Haven't heard of too many people being that way from PG. But I have heard of Many people getting "spacey" from too high a nicotine level.

Everyone different though and if 0% PG juice makes you feel better than go with it.

But Like I said, most flavoring use PG as a carrying agent. There are some flavors that don't have PG in them. Most are oils. Any many people believe that oil based flavoring are not a great thing to vape constantly.

Please post when you hear from Harry at VB. I'm curious just how much PG is in the flavorings he uses.

You might also contact Linda at Perfumer's Apprentice and ask her about PG % in flavors. She is very nice and would have more knowlage than most juice suppliers. At least for her flavors.

PA Contacting Us

Agrion

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
PA
Haven't heard of too many people being that way from PG

Yea, I've been hearing that a lot. I took my nic level to 0. Vaping just one of my doublers from TV which is 70% VG 30% PG and I still got spacey.

Any many people believe that oil based flavoring are not a great thing to vape constantly.

That's interesting. I've been vaping Atomic Cinacide almost non-stop which is very oily. I was going to order CinaBomb at 100% VG to replace it. What kind of effect does vaping oily flavors have?

I'll contact Linda as well and see what see says about the PG content in flavors.

Thanks for the tip.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Kgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Monroe, WA
I know this thread is older, but I have a question for the original poster. How long have you been vaping? I ask this because at first I got spacey to, but after a couple of weeks it passed for me, I can't vape pure pg liquids so most the time I order 20-30 percent with really low nic (8 mg) and I seem to be fine, I am sensitive with a lot of it too, but that seems to have done the trick for me..

Agrion

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
PA
How long have you been vaping?

It's been about 3 weeks now. I received the same advice from others. Right now I still get a little spacey but the feeling seems to be getting less intense and not lasting as long. When I first started vaping it felt like I was getting high and it lasted about 4 hours (even with 0 nic). It was most intense with higher PG levels.

Now it's more of a slight buzz and it goes away rather quickly. I guess there's an adjustment period for some people.

I'm glad 'cause I didn't want to go back to analogs and almost did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread