100w+ without spring loaded 510?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Seriously, my google-fu has apparently died an unexpected death. I've been hunting for days and cannot for the life of me find a high-power regulated box mod (100w or higher) that has an adjustable, not spring-loaded, 510.

Help!!!!! lol

The only one I can find is the Tesla 120w... I had that one, sold it for cheap after the 3rd time I re-soldered the 510 inside. I figured if I was gonna do all that over & over, I'd buy a sigelei and replace the 510 one time & be done with it. Except then I was laid off, broke for months, and now when I can finally buy a sigelei, everybody's talking about the Snow Wolf. Which is still spring loaded. It would be really nice to not have to replace the 510 on a new mod so I'm hunting & hoping somebody here knows of one!!

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Seriously, my google-fu has apparently died an unexpected death. I've been hunting for days and cannot for the life of me find a high-power regulated box mod (100w or higher) that has an adjustable, not spring-loaded, 510.

Help!!!!! lol

The only one I can find is the Tesla 120w... I had that one, sold it for cheap after the 3rd time I re-soldered the 510 inside. I figured if I was gonna do all that over & over, I'd buy a Sigelei and replace the 510 one time & be done with it. Except then I was laid off, broke for months, and now when I can finally buy a Sigelei, everybody's talking about the Snow Wolf. Which is still spring loaded. It would be really nice to not have to replace the 510 on a new mod so I'm hunting & hoping somebody here knows of one!!

The VapObox 150watts, sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

Based on a Sigelei design, with improved build quality

http://www.vapeoholic.com/store/p341/vapeObox_150Watts_(Authentic).html

Reactions: mamabear15

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
Just curious why the hate on the spring loaded? I've owned 5 devices now with it and have never had one give me trouble. The only 510 connections that given me problems is the adjustable and the fixed ones. The ones that I had to pry up with a paper clip was the fixed ones. I've been using a spring pin for 6 or 7 months now I think and have never had a connection issue.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Sweet. Have you used/owned one? How's the um "life expectancy" lol I've never run across one in real life, is it fairly sturdy? I'm careful with my stuff but I also have lil people in the house so better safe than sorry, lol

Personally, I don't have a problem with spring loaded 510s and was happy to move away from adjustable 510 pin.

However this is a good robust dual 18650 device, if you need more than a 100w and can't source the original Sigelei 100w but are Insistent on using an adjustable 510 pin only device.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Lol...I don't mind having to adjust, I'm used to it from mechs...I prefer adjusting to wondering when center pin will have to be pried up with a paper clip, lol

@roxynoodle thank you so much!!! You're awesome :)

Proper, higher quality Mod will NEVER need pried up. An Ego type maybe but Not a decent high power mod.
3 years and Never once had one get pushed down and stuck.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Proper, higher quality Mod will NEVER need pried up. An Ego type maybe but Not a decent high power mod.
3 years and Never once had one get pushed down and stuck.
It's happened to me! Lol. Everything from a Tesla Two, istick 50, and my old roommate had a Sigelei 150 that I had to fix for her too. Granted idk what she did to hers but it all just turned me off of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread