14500 powered Ohm Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbojar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Largo, Florida
After trying some less than desirable ohm meters, such as having a glob of wires and hot glue in the middle (some of you know the one), I got one that runs off a 14500 or USB cable and came with both! I don't think it came from sigelei that way but it is a sigelei and here is an article, Sigelei Ohm Reader, that gives all the specs and so forth on it. I know most use a AA alkaline battery and don't come with a power wire either. It only tests resistance but you can buy an adapter to check battery voltage also, I know it does not come with it but they are sold separately for a few bucks. So if you are looking for a decent little ohm reader this one will do the trick.

cantstopwontstop

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
cary,nc,usa
I have this ohm meter and it does a pretty good job at what it's supposed to. I don't use the 14500 though because my charger doesn't accept them. The power cord is nice and I typically run it off the PS3. The only thing that bothers me about it is that it doesn't always stay on one reading. it flashes back and forth, typically by about 0.05-0.02 ohms. Not a big deal because it is accurate in the general sense and I don't usually go below 0.7 ohms so it's not like I'm building super sub ohm set ups that require precise accuracy. Gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread