18350 batteries; how long do they last compared to 14500s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Was thinking about buying an 18350 mod....i want something small...but i HATE 14500s...they literally last an hour or so before i dont like the voltage its giving out...

can someone give me a comparison for me between the two and how long does it last you, thanks.

I use the Trustfire, 1200 mah in my Roughshack v2. I rotate thru 4 different mods all day long, so the RS doesn't get used continously, and I change the battery out 3 times a day at about 3.8v's. My 900 mah 14500's I'll change twice a day at about the same volts.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
I use the Trustfire, 1200 mah in my Roughshack v2. I rotate thru 4 different mods all day long, so the RS doesn't get used continously, and I change the battery out 3 times a day at about 3.8v's. My 900 mah 14500's I'll change twice a day at about the same volts.

thx for your input. so hm, you're saying you get more out of your 14500 batteries than the 18350's? interesting.. oh well i already purchased the mod, so i'll be back to put my input in here also.

here are some opinions on the comparison between the 2 batteries from other posters:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...preciseplus-18500-18350-a-50.html#post4337976

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...preciseplus-18500-18350-a-49.html#post4337847

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
Was thinking about buying an 18350 mod....i want something small...but i HATE 14500s...they literally last an hour or so before i dont like the voltage its giving out...

can someone give me a comparison for me between the two and how long does it last you, thanks.
I'm curious what type and brand of 14500 have you been using. I personally get better results from a IMR high drain than a standard protected 14500. Like you I feel the need to change batts quite frequently when using the standard 14500's. Even though they aren't technically dead yet they just seem have a noticeable drop in performance way too fast. However when using the high drains it feels like they keep their performance for longer.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
I'm curious what type and brand of 14500 have you been using. I personally get better results from a IMR high drain than a standard protected 14500. Like you I feel the need to change batts quite frequently when using the standard 14500's. Even though they aren't technically dead yet they just seem have a noticeable drop in performance way too fast. However when using the high drains it feels like they keep their performance for longer.

i've mainly used the AW IMR 14500s.. they are the first batteries i got when i first started vaping.. so maybe they're just not as good anymore(?). but i think it's because i'm stressing them out with my 1.5ohm atties. even with the IMR's... they just dont last very long at all for me. i have tried the non high-drains too and it's pretty much the same thing.

i really hope these 18350's do it for me. i don't mind replacing my battery even a couple times a day, but if i'm having to question whether it's time to replace the battery all the time.. it just bugs me too much to enjoy my vape.

i indeed might need new aw imr 14500's.. my BB was hitting an AW IMR 14500 offload for 4.01 volts just yesterday. then I put my 1.5ohm 306 on it, and underload it dropped to below 3.3volts o_O duno if that's just a bad battery or if that's how it's supposed to be... because when my non HD 18650 hit 4.01 volt, it was hitting at just about 3.7v underload

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
i've mainly used the AW IMR 14500s.. they are the first batteries i got when i first started vaping.. so maybe they're just not as good anymore(?). but i think it's because i'm stressing them out with my 1.5ohm atties. even with the IMR's... they just dont last very long at all for me. i have tried the non high-drains too and it's pretty much the same thing.

i really hope these 18350's do it for me. i don't mind replacing my battery even a couple times a day, but if i'm having to question whether it's time to replace the battery all the time.. it just bugs me too much to enjoy my vape.

i indeed might need new aw imr 14500's.. my BB was hitting an AW IMR 14500 offload for 4.01 volts just yesterday. then I put my 1.5ohm 306 on it, and underload it dropped to below 3.3volts o_O duno if that's just a bad battery or if that's how it's supposed to be... because when my non HD 18650 hit 4.01 volt, it was hitting at just about 3.7v underload
Ya it doesn't get any better quality than the AW's in my opinion. Although you might have a point about the age. I'm no expert but I believe even under load they should be hitting alot better than 3.3 when fresh off the charger. AW IMR's are all I use and they last at least 3-4 hours and thats at a bare minimum. I work 10 hours shifts and bring one spare with me but have never needed it of course I'm not vaping constantly at work but still pretty frequent.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
Ya it doesn't get any better quality than the AW's in my opinion. Although you might have a point about the age. I'm no expert but I believe even under load they should be hitting alot better than 3.3 when fresh off the charger. AW IMR's are all I use and they last at least 3-4 hours and thats at a bare minimum. I work 10 hours shifts and bring one spare with me but have never needed it of course I'm not vaping constantly at work but still pretty frequent.

good info. if you're using atomizers, what ohms are you using it on?

ya i should give em a fair shot (as in new batteries), but oh well, got the 18350's on the way, i'm just hoping it gives me a couple more hours of solid vaping and i'll be very happy

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
good info. if you're using atomizers, what ohms are you using it on?

ya i should give em a fair shot (as in new batteries), but oh well, got the 18350's on the way, i'm just hoping it gives me a couple more hours of solid vaping and i'll be very happy
Oh ya meant to mention that. I almost exclusively use 1.5ohm 306 atties

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
Of course having said all this the 18350 is gonna give you at least a bit more battery life. There is simply more mah to be had in an 18350 even if its only a bit. I was only asking about your experiences because in general a 14500 especially a quality one like the AW IMR should perform much better than yours seem too. The only reason the 14500 is my battery of choice in a small pv is because of how common it is in the vaping community. As to why 14500's are so much more common than 18350's or other smallish batteries, well i have no idea.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
Of course having said all this the 18350 is gonna give you at least a bit more battery life. There is simply more mah to be had in an 18350 even if its only a bit. I was only asking about your experiences because in general a 14500 especially a quality one like the AW IMR should perform much better than yours seem too. The only reason the 14500 is my battery of choice in a small pv is because of how common it is in the vaping community. As to why 14500's are so much more common than 18350's or other smallish batteries, well i have no idea.

ah that was another reason i was asking, because 100 mah doesn't seem to be much of a difference at all. (600mah vs 700mah). but ya i guess i'll find out soon! cant wait -.-

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
ah that was another reason i was asking, because 100 mah doesn't seem to be much of a difference at all. (600mah vs 700mah). but ya i guess i'll find out soon! cant wait -.-
BTW what mod did you order ? Was it that 18350 precise ? that is a sweet looking mod I considered one at one point and still may get one if I ever have some extra money burning a hole in my pocket.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
BTW what mod did you order ? Was it that 18350 precise ? that is a sweet looking mod I considered one at one point and still may get one if I ever have some extra money burning a hole in my pocket.

haha yup that's the one. i always admired the precise's, but didn't need another 18650 mod.. only thing i was lookin for was a small "for public" use mod, and the 14500 mods just weren't doin it for me. then this came out (only saw it yesterday too..... -.-;) and i just had to have it lol. luckily i sold a few mods, and still selling, so i can afford this baby. so not really spending anything, just trading ;D

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
I dont know about the 14500's. However I have 2 ICR18350 batteries that came with my Screwdriver MKII, and 2 (Trustfire) TF 18350's I bought, and the TF's dont last as long despite being rated higher. 1200 mah for the TF's, and 900 mah for the kit batteries. So the 18350 are rated a little higher. as always, YMMV!

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I have one of the first REO 18490's using a 3ml bottle I can get through the hole bottle with good power at the end.

I vape about 6ml per day so it would if I only used that mod about 1/2 a day of vaping.

For me time is not the way to track battery life it should be by how much juice you can get through.

This will also very depending on your atty oHm LR pull more power standard Attys less power.

I do like the 18490 much better then the 14500 I mostly use 18650's in my mods. and the 18490 is a good alternative to a small battery with lots of power.

Just my 2c :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread