• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

18650 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
U want genuine VTC5's...
Order from Qoo10.
Just Make sure the seller is "JASITC".
Ronald Tan is the dude to look for.

Place your order early morning, preferably before 8am. Then, U will receive your batteries within 36 hrs. If u order after that timing on Thursdays, then expect it on Mondays.
I ordered my HG2's on Thursday 2am, i got them on Friday 2pm in my mailbox.
Super impressive! :thumbs:

thanks for the headsup - sorry i tend to be rather paranoid when it comes to such stuff. one red flag (or just a minor warning point perhaps) but this seller has listed his vtc6s as having 30A continuous output when i believe the official specs arent really the case. i tend to get rather caught up on details like that :S

plus that rumour (well actually its a fact) that sony has sold off its battery manufacturing business - im trying to confirm whether murata is fully licensed to sell the batteries under the sony name and brand, and are there any official distributors for singapore/sea region. but it'll take a while.

Reactions: stols001

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
gearbest has been pretty reliable over the years and getting other brands like lg or samsung do the job just as well.
btw, lazada does sell fakes and bs products as well

from my knowledge of the lazada anti-counterfeiting program - and yes, as with any b2c website you WILL get your fair share of businesses who list counterfeit/fake products and it is impossible to screen all of them out. HOWEVER, if you do buy a suspected counterfeit or you have good evidence that there is a counterfeit product on sale - report it, and they have an rather excellent buyer protection program in place that will likely refund your transaction. if you pay via paypal as well, you can get another layer of buyer protection. consumers have a part to play as well in any b2c ecosystem. from what i know, they do rather active audits to weed out obvious fakes as well - but the focus is primarily on high end electronics and designer goods cause thats where the main brand protection market and lobbying is.

you get none of that .... from qoo10. qoo10 is pretty much caveat emptor and good luck with claims for fake products. and well, gearbest has a pretty good reputation for anti-counterfeiting as well but the downside (for me at least), is that it is a chinese website in the end, and resolving such disputes through a customer care centre in china may prove to be a little bit more tricky.

just my two cents worth.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread