The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

18650 battery storage box..

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by raincloudscominJt85, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. raincloudscominJt85

raincloudscominJt85 Full Member

Dec 18, 2014
    shop
    Hey all, just wanted to get this out there because I have been looking for a case that will hold 2 18650 batteries safely. I ordered several of them but it turns out they are coming from china. So a good few weeks there. Anyway, the best thing I found that works perfectly is............toothpick cases. I was cruising walmart and was in the kitchen gadget section where the utensils and what not are. Well I saw this 3 pack of toothpicks and thought the cases looked similar to the cases I ordered. So I bought them...about 2 bucks I believe for the 3 pack. Got them home and wouldn't you know, 2 18650 batteries fit perfectly in the cases. With the lids on. There is a little bit of wiggle room in front of the batteries but nothing terrible. So 3 different colored cases for 2 bucks. I can definitely handle that. If anyone out there is looking for some 18650 cases, go to wally world to the kitchen utensils section and pick up a 3 pack of the wooden toothpicks that come in the rectangular colored plastic cases. The work perfectly!

2. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
  3. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    • Like Like x 1
  4. raincloudscominJt85

Dec 18, 2014
    shop
    Yep those are the ones. They hold 2 18650 batteries perfectly. I'm gonna buy all the toothpicks they have next time I'm there just for the cases!

5. Wonderboy78

Wonderboy78 Full Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Sc
    Thanks for the tip. I've been wondering how I can safely carry my 2 18650s. Dang things have high power I've been carrying the extras in the little cardboard box they came in.

6. raincloudscominJt85

Dec 18, 2014
    shop
    No problem. It's a little roomy length wise but 2 side by side won't flip around or anything

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.