18650 batts for Reo Grand. Any difference in brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngll11

ECF Veteran
I see AW (2900mAH) and Ultrafire (3000mAH), just wondering if there is any significant difference between the brand. I know nothing about batts, so pardon me if this is a stupid question (still a newbie i guess).

Also just wanted to make sure that I could use a 2900 or 3000 mAH batt in the Reo Grand...

And is there a "better" place to buy these batts and a charger? Looking at lighthound right now...

thanks

Aiden

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I haven't been incredibly happy with the Ultrafire brand. I have a couple of 16340 3.2V that are supposed to be 1000mAh. They only last about 6 hours. The mAh only tells you how long they'll last so you should be able to use either one. I would go with the AW's. I have some AW's that are 1100mAh and 900mAh and they last as long as they're supposed to, sometimes longer depending on how I vape.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The AW is one of the best batteries available for our needs. AWs are closer to the real mAH rating, the 3000 on the Ultras is a little optimistic and closer to the AW 2400. The AWs cost more so you'll have to figure out if they are worth it to you both will work though.

You also need to check the specific battery to see if it's button top or flat. If it's flat you'll need to find out if it'll work in your specific mod, some will some won't. I think the highest mAH button top that aw offers in a 18650 is 2400 the two with higher ratings are flat top.

Lighthoud is a great place for AWs, fast processing and excellent CS. For the Ultras and Trust, Madvapes is a great place as well as many others as they are more readily available than the AWs.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I haven't been incredibly happy with the Ultrafire brand. I have a couple of 16340 3.2V that are supposed to be 1000mAh. They only last about 6 hours. The mAh only tells you how long they'll last so you should be able to use either one. I would go with the AW's. I have some AW's that are 1100mAh and 900mAh and they last as long as they're supposed to, sometimes longer depending on how I vape.

Glad to see your hands on experience. I just got a VV mod that holds 2 18650s. I've got 2 AWs that I'm using now but want to get another pair so I can rotate. Was debating trying the Ultras because of the price difference but I'll just spring for another pair of AWs and know I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread