Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
I keep 3 18650s in rotation. When one I was using today died out, I put it on my TR-001 charger and it is making a weird humming noise, The best way to describe it, if you have a soda pop and sort of crack it open you can hear the gas escape. I pulled it off and placed another battery on to see if it was the battery or the charger. It seems to be just the battery as no other batteries are making this noise. Is this normal? Or should I send this battery to recycle heaven? Advice please. Thanks

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Last edited by a moderator:

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
Thanks for the link it was a very good read and now I have much better understanding. I really don't know when the battery is going to die, so I will make a more conscious effort to use them for X amount of hours and then place them on charge instead of running them down to empty each time, and by reading the article it says it makes them last longer too, that's a plus. I forgot to add to my first post that this battery, it was only the 2nd charge ever for it. I will obtain a multimeter and be more proactive, thanks again guys!

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Never, ever charge batteries unattended. Also I change out mine when they get to 3.85 - 3.9, thats when the vape starts to diminish. As you vape more, you will be able to tell. Nothing like a fresh battery.

Whatever you do, don't listen to other people say they charge their batteries while sleeping, outside, etc. Thats a foolish thing to do. It only takes once. I use a Pila Charger and would never leave it unattended.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA
I just wanted to check back into this thread and let you know that I did borrow (steal) my hubby's fluke meter. He actually showed me how to correctly check them. He thought I was on those slim 510 batteries still and didn't realize I was using the bigger batteries. After reading all the posts and seeing the pictures. I am scarrrrred. I leave the charger on my flat top ceramic stove, ( no the stove isn't on :) ) and I don't sleep/go out etc with them charging. Just wanted to say thanks for help guys! Oh and that battery that started this whole post, I doesn't hum anymore. I guess because I don't run it down, but I am keeping watchful eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread