18mg vs 24mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicycrystal

Aug 3, 2011
Idaho
i've been vaping 18mg, thats what i started out with and it's been okay so far, but i was thinking about going up to 24mg because i still have *some* cravings for analogs, almost feels like i have to puff, puff and puff some more to get the amount of nic i want. :blush:

anyone raised there mg ??? how did it go ??

is this a good idea / bad idea??
:blink:

& as always, thanks..!!!

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I was at 16 or 18 then went up to 24 mg recently because I was just using my PV so much. I am using it a little less - couldn't tell u long term since I just did this recently, a week it's been maybe? I don't know if it made a huge difference it's kinda like me biting my nails, if I am bored and can I pick up the PV. I would say tho it's less than before..

paulsonlaw

Moved On
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I ran my 1st week at 24mg, then 24 in the morning & 18 late day.

One note about those cravings I've read on here, we are still addicted to the arsenic & ammonia along w/ other addictive crud found in stink sticks. So we will all have that slight lil notion from time to time for an analog at first no matter how high the mg.

Not sure as to your time, I just passed my 2nd wk in & is does get better! Hold the good fight!

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Checked your history and saw you were using a Volt - maybe a step up to 24mg is the thing to do.

The only other thing I can suggest is a big battery e-cig and a LR atty or cartomizer or a higher-voltage mod.

I've been vaping a little more than a month, am using an EMDCC and am getting ready to step *down* from 24mg to 18mg - but I was a PAD smoker and 24mg worked pretty well to start.

MattZuke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
"anyone raised there mg ??? how did it go ?? "

I started at medium based under the presumption I was smoking a medium cigarette.

I bought prefilled cartos at 24, and these addressed my ciggie craving. I then in turn filled the cartos with 18mg, and from time to time bumped to a prefilled 24 carto. This was limited to the first month or two, where I did cheat the first month.

I've since downgraded to 10mg-18mg. 24 doesn't taste very good to me.

Ultimately devices don't transition you away from smoking, you transition yourself, and part of this process is finding your ciggie cues, and finding a means of dealing with them.

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
I started out with 24mg of nic and I needed every bit of it. After a couple months, I dropped down to 18mg and it worked well for a couple more months but I wasn't able to vape as much as I liked to. So I lowered my nic to 12mg and bingo! I vape as much as I want without getting light headed. Overall, I feel much better physically at 12mg than I did with 18mg or 24mg. I don't care about TH as I have COPD from decades of smoking and TH makes me cough. I use a gogo and KGO1100 with echo-e and boge 2.0 cartos.

studio52

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2011
Meridian MS
I have heard that even if your vaping 12mg of nic, or 24mg of nic, you actually are only getting a smaller percentage of the nic anyway, because the nic burns off before passing into your lungs when you inhale a puff. So...maybe a higher nic would be better for you, they say you only get about half of the nic mg after its burned...

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
I started out with 24mg of nic and I needed every bit of it. After a couple months, I dropped down to 18mg and it worked well for a couple more months but I wasn't able to vape as much as I liked to. So I lowered my nic to 12mg and bingo! I vape as much as I want without getting light headed. Overall, I feel much better physically at 12mg than I did with 18mg or 24mg. I don't care about TH as I have COPD from decades of smoking and TH makes me cough. I use a gogo and KGO1100 with echo-e and boge 2.0 cartos.

This is exactly what happened with me, except I started at 18 mg. Now I'm at 8 mg and I can vape whenever I want for as long as I want, plus I don't crave nicotine when I'm not vaping.

Do whatever you have to do at first to get over smoking. Lowering it later is not hard, but give yourself the first 6 weeks or so without worrying about vaping too much or too strong (unless you are feeling sick from it).

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
i'm right around 6 weeks - i think? ? ? (LoL) i find myself sneaking one or two analogs, here and there (every few days) and i do want to be completely free, so i am going to try the 24mg and see if that knocks out the cravings.

I started at 36mg and stayed there for a few months, then went down to 24mg. I tried 18mg but even after a year and a half of vaping, I began to crave cigarettes. It's not worth it - go up to 24mg or higher if need be. Anything to avoid smoking. My two cents.

Eclipsed1770

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
South Carolina
I started with the 16mg that came with my starter kit and quickly jumped it to 24mg. Now when I order juice I order one bottle of 18mg and a second of the same flavor in 24mg and mix half and half. That way I end up with 3 partial bottles, one 18mg, one 21mg and one 24mg. I use the 24mg in the morning, then switch to the 21mg during the day, and the 18mg at night a few hours before bed time.

I'd suggest get a bottle in 24mg and you can always cut it down with 0 nic juice if you need to.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Did you say what PG/VG you are using? If you are using juices with VG, are you aware PG lets through hit and flavor better? I mostly use 20% VG or less though I do drip a few thicker juices.

If you think you need more hit, the ways are more nicotine, more PG vs VG, more heat (may require a fatter ecig or a mod so you will have 450mah+ batteries and can use hotter LR cartomizer and atomizers)

If you are just getting cravings despite having good hit, try other juices. Remember to smell the vapor. Pay attention to which juices have taste/aroma/TH that makes you go ahhh and which leave you with an analog craving (and stop vaping juices like the latter for now). Some new vapers get analog cravings after vaping food flavors. Some get analog cravings because tobacco flavors remind them of cigarettes. Some can vape any flavors to start with. Figure out which you are.

If tobaccos generally satisfy you, try adding a bit of cocoa or chocolate eliquid to your cart/carto and see if that helps (most US cigs contain cocoa). Chocolate and cocoa in tobacco were part of ahhh for me and some others. And you can play other ways with tobacco flavors, adding vanilla, caramel, fruits like peach. Eventually that got me to the point where I could vape those flavors alone.

Last edited:

Astatine

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2011
USA
I started with 18 mg like you. It was fine as long as I was smoking some cigarettes.

I increased to 24 mg and it hit the spot.

Then I realized that the morning vapes were fine at 12 or 16 mg (depends on my day). Than mid-day early afternoon, I am fine with 18 and 24 is perfect for the evening.

I am going with the flow. Unlike my experience with cigarttes, I can get the nic I need for the time of day. Yeay!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I was occasionally over-niccing myself at 18mg or even on 12mg if the juice didn't say STOP! (the typical headache, and if I vaped a lot too much, rapid or irregular heartbeat). After 6 weeks of vaping 18mg I worked on lowering my nic so I could over-vape when I felt like it without suffering the consequences.

Everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread