Status
Not open for further replies.

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2017
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send it as a voltage regulator.

i wouldn't feel comfortable "lying" about it since in my post office they request a specific description of the package content and a general description like "clothing" or "food aliments" isn't enough.
also i wouldn't want to risk loosing the mods or be accused of false statement if they open the package in the US and see PROVAPE written all over it.

it's kind of absurd since in "country of origin of goods" i would have wrote USA, but any how,the laws changed and might change again.

but I'll still check how much it would cost to send it with a private company since if got it correctly, it only affects USPS.

• Winner
Reactions: AstroTurf

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i wouldn't feel comfortable "lying" about it since in my post office they request a specific description of the package content and a general description like "clothing" or "food aliments" isn't enough.
also i wouldn't want to risk loosing the mods or be accused of false statement if they open the package in the US and see PROVAPE written all over it.

it's kind of absurd since in "country of origin of goods" i would have wrote USA, but any how,the laws changed and might change again.

but I'll still check how much it would cost to send it with a private company since if got it correctly, it only affects USPS.
The Customs rules will be the same for all carriers, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. The private couriers are more likely to hit a US customer with broker fees than the USPS because they can, and they handle fewer packages that USPS. The private couriers could also be more likely to stop a package for Customs than USPS simply because they have fewer packages as well.

The risk of seizure is more likely to happen to the receiver of the goods (Importer of Record) than the sender. If something is seized, I would think the receiver is the one that is going to get the short end of the deal for attempting to import something an inspector "deems" inappropriate. I don't know if Customs would allow the items to be returned to the sender, or if they will destroy them.

Right now, I think it all comes down to how much risk is anyone willing to take to ship the package to the US. If US Customs seizes the package, and the purchase falls through, who is on the hook for the lost goods/money? insurance probably won't cover the transaction, so will the seller refund the money and take the loss on the mods, or is the buyer going to be out the money and get nothing?

Maybe you could declare it as a "Provari Radius" and Made in USA on the customs form and it would go through. I think calling it a Vape or E-Cig is going to be more risky.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i skimmed through this:
The 2020 United States Vape Mail Ban – What You Need To Know
and it seems to affect only USPS.(because of lack of age verification upon delivery)
but as you said,if it doesn't pass through customs it might be a loss for both seller and buyer.
Technically, in the US, only the USPS deliveries can be called mail. Deliveries by private couriers can't be called mail, and have to be called something else. It's kind of like Kleenex--you can wipe your nose with any soft paper stuff, but unless the package has the brand name on it, it isn't a Kleenex.

The transportation rules, in general, will apply to any carrier that ships vape products within the US. The carriers, including USPS, can make their own more restrictive rules, but everyone has to follow the basic national regulations. When I have ordered something shipped by a private courier, it is also supposed to be sent with the adult signature required, but not all vendors do that, and not all delivery drivers actually make me sign for things. The virus has given many folks an excuse to skip the signature part due to social distancing, even if the shipper has paid for/specified signature required.

Kelt.

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    not all delivery drivers actually make me sign for things. The virus has given many folks an excuse to skip the signature part due to social distancing said:
    It's not an excuse, it's a safety measure. We're instructed to perform "Contactless Delivery" when a signature is required, you must be present for us to "sign" for you. <source: I'm a Delivery Driver with one of those big couriers... cofff....Brown....coff coff>

Reactions: RadiusNick

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I've had some driver's "sign" by asking my name to confirm that I exist, but there have been a few that just dump & run without even ringing the doorbell. It's happened with multiple carriers, so I think it just comes down to who is driving the truck. I just want to get notice that I have a box out on the porch so I can get it before a porch pirate (or a coyote/raccoon gets the bag of cat food).

I do want to thank all of you delivery drivers for keeping on out there. You guys don't have it easy, especially with winter coming. :thumb:

Reactions: Kelt.
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread