200 watt mod questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthonyb225

Feb 9, 2016
Hi! I had a few questions, I'm looking to get a new mod. I currently use a Atlantis 2 with the .15 ni triton could. I was looking into the joyetech cuboid 150w (200w with new firmware update.)

I was wondering if anyone would suggest I invest in a different mod and as well as could I use 2 of the Efest Purple IMR 18650 35A 3000mAh 3.7v batteries? Is it okay that the amps are at 35 in those batteries? I read for that battery it should be over 20amps but can it be too high? And what are amps for in vaping?

Thank you for looking at my post! :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Hi! I had a few questions, I'm looking to get a new mod. I currently use a Atlantis 2 with the .15 ni triton could. I was looking into the joyetech cuboid 150w (200w with new firmware update.)

I was wondering if anyone would suggest I invest in a different mod and as well as could I use 2 of the Efest Purple IMR 18650 35A 3000mAh 3.7v batteries? Is it okay that the amps are at 35 in those batteries? I read for that battery it should be over 20amps but can it be too high? And what are amps for in vaping?

Thank you for looking at my post! :)

There is no such battery being 35 amp 18650 battery. Much less, Efest are rewrapped batteries, they do not manufacture their own batteries. Use the search function at the top right side of the forum and type in 'Mooch". He has tested all 18650 batteries, and the Efest is not a good battery, especially with over inflated ratings.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
There is no such battery being 35 amp 18650 battery. Much less, Efest are rewrapped batteries, they do not manufacture their own batteries. Use the search function at the top right side of the forum and type in 'Mooch". He has tested all 18650 batteries, and the Efest is not a good battery, especially with over inflated ratings.
@Mooch rated the Efest Purple with a "15+" CDR on his tests and a usable 20A rating. Under 80W on a dual-battery mod, it's relatively safe. But again, with Efest re-wraps there's a large question of consistency in the product. :blink:
The Cuboid is a decent mod - I'm liking mine, usually running in the 50W range, no major issues. There are other good dual-batt mods out there - Snow Wolf, Asolo, Fuchai, et al - so it's really a matter of the function set offered and the ergonomics of the design that are going to matter to you.

Reactions: Caterpiller

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
could I use 2 of the Efest Purple IMR 18650 35A 3000mAh 3.7v batteries? Is it okay that the amps are at 35 in those batteries? I read for that battery it should be over 20amps but can it be too high? And what are amps for in vaping? :)

There are no batteries currently on the market with more than 30 amps; in fact most have 20 amps or less. Efest is notorious for over-rating their battery specs.

Guide to Battery Specification Terms:
Batteries can generally be broken down by two major characteristics: capacity (mah rating) and amps (current handling). When choosing which battery to buy you must pick which characteristic is your priority for the application that you will use it. You can't have both the highest mah and highest amps in one battery. This is due to the limits of current battery chemistry & technology.

Amp Rating - or "continuous discharge rate" (CDR), is the maximum electrical current at which the battery can be discharged continuously before the battery will fail. This specification is set by the manufacturer, and is a standard measurement in the industry. This spec determines the power or electrical current the battery can provide. The "pulse or burst discharge rate" is not a standard measurement and varies from one manufacturer/vendor to another, making comparisons from one company to another impossible, and therefore should never be relied upon.

Capacity or mAh Rating - an approximation for how long a battery charge should last from 100% charge to when the battery will cut off. Roughly, 100 mAh = 1 hour usage with low drain applications like a flashlight.

The "best battery" is not always the one with the largest mAh rating. In most vaping applications a higher amp rating (CDR or continuous discharge rate) determines the better battery.

vtc4 batteries. is liionwholesale.com a good site to purchase from?
Yes it is, as well as these sites:

The Sony VTC4 batteries are an excellent choice for high wattage regulated mods.

Last edited:
There are no batteries currently on the market with more than 30 amps; in fact most have 20 amps or less. Efest is notorious for over-rating their battery specs.

Guide to Battery Specification Terms:
Batteries can generally be broken down by two major characteristics: capacity (mah rating) and amps (current handling). When choosing which battery to buy you must pick which characteristic is your priority for the application that you will use it. You can't have both the highest mah and highest amps in one battery. This is due to the limits of current battery chemistry & technology.

Amp Rating - or "continuous discharge rate" (CDR), is the maximum electrical current at which the battery can be discharged continuously before the battery will fail. This specification is set by the manufacturer, and is a standard measurement in the industry. This spec determines the power or electrical current the battery can provide. The "pulse or burst discharge rate" is not a standard measurement and varies from one manufacturer/vendor to another, making comparisons from one company to another impossible, and therefore should never be relied upon.

Capacity or mAh Rating - an approximation for how long a battery charge should last from 100% charge to when the battery will cut off. Roughly, 100 mAh = 1 hour usage with low drain applications like a flashlight.

The "best battery" is not always the one with the largest mAh rating. In most vaping applications a higher amp rating (CDR or continuous discharge rate) determines the better battery.

Yes it is, as well as these sites:

The Sony VTC4 batteries are an excellent choice for high wattage regulated mods.
I have a set of Vamped batteries that are 40amp unless they're overrated.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a set of Vamped batteries that are 40amp unless they're overrated.

Mooch tested that battery and rated it at 20A at 1800 mAh. Here are his test results.

There are only a few batteries that do well at 30A and none go over that. Anything over 30A is just marketing hype from companies that re-brand batts.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread