ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Smaller than an Rx Gen3 Dual with a Gear Rta on top? I don"t think so.

It will certanly be a trend that I will skip.

Stay safe

https://cheapvaping.deals/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/artery-nugget-gt-battery-display.jpg

This podmod can hit 200W,which would be the first to do so,but what do you guys think will be the difference between a tank and mod I am using that could hit 200 too?

Isn’t it a no brained to get this which is smaller,portable and hit the same as a box mod?

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No it's marketing like the speedometer of your car . The only way my car might hit 200 miles is if I hit terminal velocity while plunging over a cliff, and well I'm not even remembering what terminal velocity is.

I have vaped (accidentally) the Legend's version of 200 watts with my batteries (LGs) and a "little hot in the mouth" doesn't begin to cover it If you ask me. More like, ah, OH GOD LET ME DIE! It destroyed my coil and I was a ZENTH coil. It didn't even read. LOL. So that is just another one out of ANY pod I will not be buying.

Anna

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    No it's marketing like the speedometer of your car . The only way my car might hit 200 miles is if I hit terminal velocity while plunging over a cliff, and well I'm not even remembering what terminal velocity is.

I have vaped (accidentally) the Legend's version of 200 watts with my batteries (LGs) and a "little hot in the mouth" doesn't begin to cover it If you ask me. More like, ah, OH GOD LET ME DIE! It destroyed my coil and I was a ZENTH coil. It didn't even read. LOL. So that is just another one out of ANY pod I will not be buying.

Anna

I accidentally vaped 225 watts for a few seconds once. It only lasted a few seconds before the coil burned out, but that was the hottest vape of my life. For a while the mod kept jumping up to 225 if I happened to set it down on a slightly damp w/ ejuice surface. I learned to check the settings before vaping. Fortunately it doesn't do that anymore. It must have been possessed by a vape demon.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    https://cheapvaping.deals/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/artery-nugget-gt-battery-display.jpg

This podmod can hit 200W,which would be the first to do so,but what do you guys think will be the difference between a tank and mod I am using that could hit 200 too?

Isn’t it a no brained to get this which is smaller,portable and hit the same as a box mod?

Here's the one review I could find on it:

My take is that this is the first salvo in 'the pod mod watt wars', like what we've seen with regular mods over the years. And it's not been done well :cry:

The pod/510 atty plate connection is not good enough to be dependable, so you will need to reset the resistance as often as that 'little niggle' bites you. That would get old fast for me and would eliminate this system from my list of viable vape hardware. I don't know anyone who vapes regularly at over 100 watts, so what's the advantage of a 200 watt mod? And the paint chips easily.

Ya, I'm not a fan of this one.

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    I have a Mag225w, like its name says goes up to 225 watts. I use it at 75. I'm not sure why they make these mods that go so high when the coils can only handle half the wattage.
    I bought a couple of dual battery mods that will hit 200W. I use them at my usual 15-40 (depending on atty). Why did I bother? LOOOOOOOOOOOONG battery life. ;)

That said I hate them. They are heavy enough that on days when my arthritis is bad I have to be super careful not to drop them.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    That's no pod...
    fafgppP.jpg

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    When I used the smok tfv12 king, back when, the coils it used could handle higher wattage. I did vape this thing at 130 plus watts and it was actually kinda nice. The vape wasn't at all hot to me but the tank did heat up pretty good if I hit more than 3 or 4 times in quick succession. I hardly ever go over 50 watts these days and use Freemax and NRG mesh coils exclusively, unless I'm using one of my rebuildables which I do from time to time just to keep in practice. I see no real reason to vape extreme wattage anymore but if that's what someone wants to do, just be safe about it.

Reactions: stols001

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Other than marketing, the only thing I can think of is long-term performance of your device. Any electrical and electronic devices- like power and cordless tools, speakers, industrial machinery etc. run at maximum performance will die faster and will require to be serviced more often. With cordless tools also the batteries have a longer lifespan if you're not too rough on them. So theoretically using a 220W mod up to, say, 50-60% of its max output could be beneficial and could mean that the device will simply last you longer since it can handle the output you use it at with ease.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread