20W bliss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
Never thought flavor would be so pure at high horsepower. Using SS mesh with 28G Kanthal = super vapes :)
N1_zpsfe69245f.jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Sshhhhhh, don't tell anyone. This is top secret :cry:

Seriously, I've been vaping predominantly gennies and an IGO dripper with 27 gauge Kanthal for a while now. Properly set up I can't beat the flavor I get from them with anything else I've ever tried.

I use micro coils on the IGO. I find you can drop the power in these to around 15 watts and have about the same performance as a genny at 20. It means you can use a fuse if you want and you'll only trip it with a real good short.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It's about using RBA's and rda's at low ohms for high power meanckz. I was being funny when I said it's a secret. There's a sub-forum here that has all the information you'll ever want to know about it.

Battery safety with mechanical mods is very important. That's pretty much covered by this thread.

HTH :)

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
My home REO/RM2 uses a micro coil of 8 wraps of 26 AWG Nichrome 60 for 0.5Ω. Nichrome is lower resistance than equivalent gauge Kanthal A1 and has more of a sharp, tangier taste. 26 AWG Nichrome is like 25 AWG Kanthal. Some are sensitive to the nickel in it though. I mainly use it for sharper tasting juice like my DIY Absinthe. It fogs up my family room like a bar and I don't consider it safe for work or commuting in the truck with the windows closed. So for those purposes, I have a raw aluminum REO/RM2 with 8 wraps of 27 AWG Kanthal A1. At 0.8Ω, it's still like a 60 ring gauge cigar, and by running a fan in my office, it doesn't fog up. The Kanthal is a smoother hit with my cigar flavored juices. I may move to 1.0Ω with 28 AWG Kanthal on the work/commute one.

I use nothing but AW IMR batteries in my mechs, 1600 mAH in the home Grand and 2000 mAH in the work/commute one. For more delicate flavors, I still use Boge LR (2.0Ω) cartos on my 18500 Simplicity.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

jwat82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
The Land of Lincoln
My home REO/RM2 uses a micro coil of 8 wraps of 26 AWG Nichrome 60 for 0.5Ω. Nichrome is lower resistance than equivalent gauge Kanthal A1 and has more of a sharp, tangier taste. 26 AWG Nichrome is like 25 AWG Kanthal. Some are sensitive to the nickel in it though. I mainly use it for sharper tasting juice like my DIY Absinthe. It fogs up my family room like a bar and I don't consider it safe for work or commuting in the truck with the windows closed. So for those purposes, I have a raw aluminum REO/RM2 with 8 wraps of 27 AWG Kanthal A1. At 0.8Ω, it's still like a 60 ring gauge cigar, and by running a fan in my office, it doesn't fog up. The Kanthal is a smoother hit with my cigar flavored juices. I may move to 1.0Ω with 28 AWG Kanthal on the work/commute one.

I use nothing but AW IMR batteries in my mechs, 1600 mAH in the home Grand and 2000 mAH in the work/commute one. For more delicate flavors, I still use Boge LR (2.0Ω) cartos on my 18500 Simplicity.

Hope this helps.

26ga nichrome is my ....!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

quatro

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2013
TX
Sshhhhhh, don't tell anyone. This is top secret :cry:

Seriously, I've been vaping predominantly gennies and an IGO dripper with 27 gauge Kanthal for a while now. Properly set up I can't beat the flavor I get from them with anything else I've ever tried.

I use micro coils on the IGO. I find you can drop the power in these to around 15 watts and have about the same performance as a genny at 20. It means you can use a fuse if you want and you'll only trip it with a real good short.

Man was I in for a surprise! I mean every time you make an improvement in vape gear there is some improvement in flavor and consistency. But going to gennys was a GIANT leap by those standards. Not to mention I am getting better wicking by the pulse method and wrapping coil before installing into mod (0.8 Ohm), no longer have to tilt the device and no burnt hits :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread