21700 batteries discharged

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1966

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Guys
Need help !
I have been using my RX2 for over a year and had to replace the batteries last week, At first no problem , then last night i stuck them on charge using my usp charger which is what i have always used with no problems , However when i woke this morning my batteries had complety discharged and now will not charge at all, Any ideas please > Thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I would say they're probably trash though I don't know exactly why they did that. Did you get them from a reputable place were they one of the big name brands? It may help if you gave the name of them like exactly which batteries they were. On some chargers there's like a recovery option for overly discharge batteries but in all honesty because of the way we use these batteries I think it's better to just get new batteries whenever there's any question about a battery doing something strange. It's just not worth it... you know what I didn't pay attention to the fact that you were USB charging. So maybe it is the mod

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well those batteries are toast. Is this the first time you have externally charged? Because your charger might not support that particular battery etc.

Name/specs of charger, mod, batteries, and if they were the exact same kind as the old ones, if you want help in figuring out who is to blame. It can probably be figured out.

Oh who you bought them from, also.

Anna

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Firstly let me reiterate that trying to bring completely flat batteries back to life is a really bad idea. In fact some damage will happen even if they are taken below 2.5 volts. In the context of safety and the low cost of new cells, it not advisable even if you are able to recover them.

The same thing happened to me with a pair of relatively new Samsung 30Qs. I put them on to charge and when I came back they were both at 0 volts.
It could be that they were both bad cells to start with and they both failed at the same time. It could be a faulty charger.
I recycled both cells and bought a new charger. My reasoning was that if the charger was responsible, it was going to cost me another battery or two to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread