ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
32zmidz.jpg

Here's what I did:

Items used: 3ml bottle*
510 cartridge (round)
3/16" drill bit
hole starter

About 3mm from the atomizer end of the cart (measured when the cart is fully inserted into the atomizer), start a hole in the cart. It's hard to get a drill bit started without wandering. I used a spade bit for a pilot hole, but didn't have 3/16" spade bit to drill all the way through. After making starter hole, I finished drilling with a regular 3/16" bit. My sample hole is about 5 degrees tilted towards the atomizer, and is probably a happy accident. Rinse out the shavings when done.

After you drill through the cart (1 side only!), jam the dropper tip of a 3ml bottle into the hole. It's in there pretty good. There's probably a heating method to secure it even more, but haven't tried that yet. Fill your 3ml bottle and snap it onto the dropper part that is now hopefully one with your newly drilled cart.

Now stuff the cart with about 1/2 of the normal stuffing. I'm using the stuff that comes with it, but I imagine tea baggage media would be better. Drip on the media till slushy, and maybe one on the atomizer for good luck.

I hoped that the drawing action of vape would pull the liquid from the bottle, but not so with the standard media. When it starts to taste a little odd, just squeeze the bottle a bit. Do it right after the questionable drag, and you'll see some smoke come out of the draw hole indicating that liquid is going into the absorbent media.

I'm almost done with a bottle, and I've changed a battery already. No leaks so far lol. Don't squeeze the bottle too hard!

*edit: the 3ml bottle is from Awesomevapor.com/yourlastcig.com

Last edited:

piomode

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Interesting. Though it seems it might be a trifle unwieldy. I can imagine it slipping off as I'm walking around and creating a juice disaster.

Still, intriguing. Wish there was a little juice chamber incorporated into the e-cig design similar.

I agree with unweildy. Probably something to be used in a stationary spot at home or office.

Also, I just discovered that getting more viscous liquid into a 3ml bottle is very hard. Put an unfolded paper clip or similar (something you can extract after filling) into the bottle and drip the heavier VG mix or whatever it is, into the bottle. The paper clip will break the surface tension and allow much better flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread