Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I ordered some of these because I like vaping at a higher voltage than the 3. Ohm will allow. Besides it is easier than rebuilding the others to 4. Ohms. These coils are great. They give me the hotter vape I was looking for and mass vapor without scorching the juice. They are as close to a Fusion as you can get with an atomizer. Great flavor. These are what I will be ordering from now on. I'm using them in my DBox and it is a marriage made in heaven.:vapor:
righton2.gif
:vapor:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Does Ikenvape do their thing with the ProTank heads or are they pretty much stock (though I've never heard of a stock 4 ohm ProTank head). I really need ProTank heads right now too....
The Protank and Dbox heads are interchangeable. The 4Ohm heads I'm using in my Dbox are Protank heads. He has re-engineered his heads I think. He will be the one to tell you for sure but I would put my money on it. I know for sure the Clearos are his and he said the Dbox were his.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
The Protank and Dbox heads are interchangeable. The 4Ohm heads I'm using in my Dbox are Protank heads. He has re-engineered his heads I think. He will be the one to tell you for sure but I would put my money on it. I know for sure the Clearos are his and he said the Dbox were his.

Nice. The reason I ask is the first head (2.7 ohms) I put in my Pro Tank II was awesome. It could go all day at 8.5 watts and 9 watts if I didn't chain vape. It completely blew me away (even better than dripping in to a Cisco 306, but I don't think Cisco has very good quality control anymore). That head died after a week and I didn't feel like trying to revive it so I break out the box of 1.8 ohm heads I bought (the place was out of 2.4 ohm heads) -- complete disappointment. The first one had a hard time with 7 watts. Break out the next head, and while it could kind of make it to 7.5 watts, it was still disappointing. To say the least, I am looking for the experience I got from the first head which is as close to vaping nirvana I've ever been.

I think the issue is mostly in the wicking, but i don't know. Definitely anxious to try out Ikenvape heads now and maybe even purchase a DBox.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The reason I didn't like the first bunch of heads was because I like a warm vape. They worked fine but they were too cool for me. That's why I use the standard Ohm Fusions is because I can vape between 8 to 10 watts and they work great. But as far as the first lower resistance coils they worked fine but when I tried to get a warmer vape they would get the burnt taste. Many people like the cooler 3.7 volt vape but I prefer around 5 volts or more. These 4 Ohm heads let me do that. I'm still using the first head that I opened and with my Fusions sitting here I pick up the DBox, with the 4 Ohm head, to vape most of the time. I really like them. At night I vape while laying down and ever so often I get a burt puff. My fault for vaping with the wick out of the juice but a good puff without firing fixes that and I'm good to go.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm guessing the answer is yes but gonna ask anyway. Will those 4ohm heads fit the mini Puri? Doggonit I'm gonna keep trying until I find one I like :laugh:
Never heard of a mini Puritank.

How do these wick with 70% VG/30% Distilled Water juice?
Caged The only one I know that uses VG is Switcher. As a supplier I'm sure he uses this setup so I would recommend asking him.
In my opinion if it's the right viscosity to keep the wick fed I don't see where it would be any different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread