4075 better than the 901

Status
Not open for further replies.

THICKFOG

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
ATLANTA, GA.
I'm still not sure if I have it figured out. Which atomizer is the 901 or the 4075. I've ordered 901's from different vendor, sometimes they come with the rounded wicking bridge and sometimes with the pointed bridge. Well, I like the one with the rounded bridge, which I beleive to be the rn4075. Heaven's Gifts carry both types (901-pointed bridge)/(4075 rounded bridge). I only use mod's with 4.5v/6v and the 4075's don't seem to run as hot as the 901's. IMO the rn4075 produces a thicker vapor, smoother throat hit (no burning, acrid taste), and has a faster break in period. As for durability, both types seem to last about the same. Not long. I probably belong in the super heavy vaping group, usually using low nicotine though. For me, it's more about the vapor cloud and thoat hit. Hopefully all the pg or vg won't kill me. Anyway, 2 thumbs up for rn4075's a 1 1/2 thumbs up for the dse901..One other thing, you can get both types of atomizers at Heaven's Gifts for $6 each. They always seem to be in stock, and the e-juice is not bad either at $9 for 30ml. I don't know what there warranty is, never used it. I only return things that are DOA, and I haven't had a problem with their products.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I'm a 4075 guy, I find that with my 6volt mod I get a lot of liquid in my mouth with a 901, not so much, or any at all with a 4075. I think the cart design might have something to do with it, the 901s have 1 large opening for air flow, and the 4075 have 2 smaller holes....maybe that's a factor.....maybe the atomizer material on 901 is not as dense as 4075, allowing it so seep out easier. some of my latest 4075s from Ruyandirect have had very narrow atomizer bridges, which concerns me, they probaly won't absorb the cart liquid as well, leading to burnout...time will tell.

L8946

Sep 18, 2009
I'm a 4075 guy, I find that with my 6volt mod I get a lot of liquid in my mouth with a 901, not so much, or any at all with a 4075.

I have had the opposite experience. I HATE my 4075. I get NOTHING but liquid in my mouth. I got it from Totally wicked though, and I haven't been hearing the greatest things about their vaporizers.

kebochina

Moved On
Oct 22, 2009
shenzhen
www.kebochina.com
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer
  • Reason: spammer

ChesterN

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
I too prefer the low bridge style of the RN40745 atomizer. It seems to burn a little hotter then the DSE901 and as such produces more vapor without any flavor reduction.

I got mine @ [URL="http://www.mypvshop.com/store/electronic-cigarettes/rn4075/]myPVshop.com using Discount Coupon Code IVape10

I have made numerous pruchases from Randall and have always been more tha happy with the excellent cusotmer service & FAST shipping.

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
I use a Protege with 901 adapter. Just got my first 4075 attys from PureSmoker.

First impressions: More vapor than the 901 and it is cooler. Throat hit is very similar to me. The 4075 seems to flood easier than the 901, this thing gurgles no matter what I do. If I drip just 2 drops, it gurgles and does not last as long as the 901. If I fill the cart with tulle (larger mesh size than PTB), it floods and gurgles and then runs dry fast with lots of juice left in the cart. It seems to wick more slowly than the 901.

I have tried several different methods of rolling the mesh in the cart but have not gotten it to the point where it wicks right. Have to keep trying. Juice in the mouth has not been an issue like the 901, but I took care of that by taking out the restricter plate at the end of the mouthpiece of the 901.

The 4075 runs cooler than the 901 in heavy use as well. I will have to see about durability.

Not sure about the thicker whistle tip of the 4075. Will vape on it for a few days and decide.

ChesterN

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2009
Reposting to fix the link (and typos) ... Sorry about that !!

I too prefer the low bridge style of the RN40745 atomizer. It seems to burn a little hotter then the DSE901 and as such produces more vapor without any flavor reduction.

I get mine @ myPVshop.com using 10% Discount Coupon Code: IVape10

I have made numerous purchases from Randall and have always been more than happy with the excellent customer service & FAST shipping.

southjerseydeedee

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Camden County, NJ, USA
My ony experience is w/the 510 - love it. Can make it hot or not so hot with the manual mega batt depending on how much time I have to play/vape. Also seems to have the greater availability/accessories and always in stock. So glad to have it. Well, actually have a very limited expeerience with the Crown7 Hydro. Would Not recommend it, although I like the hands free auto batt, because customer service is lousy and compatibiity is impossible to figure out. Wish I never spent so much money on it. Batt and atty failed quickly. Auto batts are easy to come upon and cheaper than the Crown 7 - do Not recommend.

southjerseydeedee

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Camden County, NJ, USA
My ony experience is w/the 510 - love it. Can make it hot or not so hot with the manual mega batt depending on how much time I have to play/vape. Also seems to have the greater availability/accessories and always in stock. So glad to have it. Well, actually have a very limited expeerience with the Crown7 Hydro. Would Not recommend it, although I like the hands free auto batt, because customer service is lousy and compatibiity is impossible to figure out. Wish I never spent so much money on it. Batt and atty failed quickly. Auto batts are easy to come upon and cheaper than the Crown 7 - do Not recommend.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Nothing is better than a good ol' SLB901 IMO. I've had one that I've been using for 2 months that I've been trying to kill to no avail. Its been used at 5 volts on my Prodigy since I've had it and has gone through several brutal cleanings and lots of massive 10 second power hits.

I thought it was dead earlier this week when I when I got almost no vapor out of it. Just gave it a quick dry burn and blew it out with compressed air and it was good to go like new again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread