500 mah wall charger question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAlchemist

Dec 17, 2011
Denton, TX
I have the charger (USB to 510 cable and wall adapter) that came with my 510 starter kit, but I'm considering purchasing an eGo-C Twist - can I just buy one of these:

500mah Wall Adapter for Charging [gv-WallAdapter] - $5.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

...and use it with the USB to 510 cable that I already have? Or do I instead need to buy something like this:

Genuine Joyetech Complete Charging System- Wall Apapter & USB [gv-joyetecheGoCHARGERSystem] - $15.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Thanks!

Reactions: fraserkr

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I have the charger (USB to 510 cable and wall adapter) that came with my 510 starter kit, but I'm considering purchasing an eGo-C Twist - can I just buy one of these:

500mah Wall Adapter for Charging [gv-WallAdapter] - $5.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

...and use it with the USB to 510 cable that I already have? Or do I instead need to buy something like this:

Genuine Joyetech Complete Charging System- Wall Apapter & USB [gv-joyetecheGoCHARGERSystem] - $15.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Thanks!

You already have the wall adapter so what you need is this charger:

420mah eGo USB Charger [gv-REG-USB-Charger-CABLE] - $5.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

The charger you already have will charge the Twist but it will take much longer. The 420 mA charger will charge the Twist in about 2 hours.

The 420 mA charger will damage the 510 stick batteries (anything below 400mah) so keep the chargers separate (maybe well marked) because they will both screw onto any 510 connection but the small batteries can be damaged with the higher charger.

The Twist will not be damaged by the smaller charger, it will just take longer to charge.

TheAlchemist

Dec 17, 2011
Denton, TX

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Ah, haha, you beat me to it :) Thanks for verifying that, and thanks everyone for the help!

That's just too damn funny! Lol

and I should correct the charge time to 2-3 hours for the 1000mah Twist, sometimes a little longer. Definitely not 7-8 hours. It probably would with the 510 stick charger.

Relax, Enjoy!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Hey,XP3, you making fun of my old chargers?:p I just plug it in, put my battery in a coffee can and charge away. The can is on my workbench so I have to have some protection from the blast.

I never make fun of anybody. If what they have is safe and works for them, it's all good! Charging at a lower rate is safer and can extend the battery life a little. The 420mA charger is a good compromise between the two. (I had to buy them when I got my Twists because I only had pass-through charging cables.)

OTOH, Life is short! The Twist is a bargain!

Relax, Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread